Thread: HW95 and QYS pellets

HW95 and QYS pellets

I have heard a lot of good things regarding QYS pellets, in particular the Streamlined domed version, both 8.48gr and 9.56gr.

I know that barrels can vary gun to gun but I would like to hear from any HW95 owners that use the Streamlined or Domed versions of QYS pellets, or have experience of using them.

Thank you in advance.

I have an HW98 and an HW95 that both shoot QYS Streamlined 8.48g superbly set up at 10.75fpe.
    Got onto these due to jsb exact batch code issues and never looked back!
    Not used the 9.56g QYS so cannot comment on these.

Quote Originally Posted by dearne75 View Post
    I have an HW98 and an HW95 that both shoot QYS Streamlined 8.48g superbly set up at 10.75fpe.
    I'm waiting for a Welsh Willy kit to arrive and I am hoping for similar ftlbs after I've installed it.

H&N FTT 14.66 gr 5.53 mm

My HW95L .22 likes the FTT 14.66 gr pellets. I just shot 15 within 1.75" at 25 yards on a windy day from a table with bags. I should be able to do better than that but at 84+ I enjoy the practice and try and shoot 3 to 5 times a week. My rifle averages right at 17 FPE with an ARH kit with a Vortek seal. I was able to take several Voles which are like a mouse without a long tail. Good luck and keep shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by dearne75 View Post
    Got onto these due to jsb exact batch code issues and never looked back!
    Not used the 9.56g QYS so cannot comment on these.
    Quote Originally Posted by MercDriver View Post
    I'm waiting for a Welsh Willy kit to arrive and I am hoping for similar ftlbs after I've installed it.
    As long as the rifle has no fundamental issues, making UK legal limit power (and beyond for those with FACs / unlimited power markets) is a walk in the park. Do be sure to check the power post build and into the running in period. Can't comment on the QYS pellets but I find my 95s (.177 and .22) not pellet fussy at all. Mine do seem to really love the FTT, though.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

My HW95 likes FTT, but it really likes QYS Domed.

Target shooting over 25 yard indoor range.

Thank you to all that have responded.

How are you getting on with it Robert?

Rgds

Ed