Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Broadway gun room

look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35

Broadway gun room

Hi all,

Whilst staying in the Cotswolds for a few days, we went to visit Broadway, a lovely village but is a bit too touristy in my eyes, Whilst there we visited the Broadway gun room, a nice place but be prepared to have a very large wad of cash on your person if you wish to purchase anything, they had a FWB Sport 124 carbine (not sure if they ever made one) with a, in their words a silencer, which in fact was a modern Diana barrel weight at the eye watering price of just under £600, not sure if it has any internal work done but it was a tidy gun, they also had a Airsporter centenary at £1300, the new selection was obviously the usual selection of HWs with the odd appearance of AAs, all I can say is glad it's not my local shop.
    Last edited by look no hands; 28-05-2023 at 06:14 PM.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Yikes!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Doesn’t surprise me that a gun shop in Broadway would
    be expensive as it’s that sort of a place i.e upmarket Cotswolds.

I've been to Broadway a couple of times, gorgeous place. Ain't been to the gun shop though.
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

I feel that they haven't made the best of it. They got a decent floor footprint but even after a tidy up, it still misses hooking me. There's a balance to be struck between profit and attractive enough to get punters to part with their money. Top dollar and shabbyesq showroom doesn't help. Look at Emmett & Stone in Marlow. RIFLEMANS at Hambridge. Sportsman Dorset - albeit rather shabby too but huge selection.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

One would need a beer and snack in the Lygon Arms after that shock.....

Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post
    I feel that they haven't made the best of it. They got a decent floor footprint but even after a tidy up, it still misses hooking me. There's a balance to be struck between profit and attractive enough to get punters to part with their money. Top dollar and shabbyesq showroom doesn't help. Look at Emmett & Stone in Marlow. RIFLEMANS at Hambridge. Sportsman Dorset - albeit rather shabby too but huge selection.
    It's a very nice place, and it actually looks very inviting from the outside and I understand if they have high rent etc but prices of their secondhand rifles are way over the top in my opinion, I visited Leicestershire airguns a while ago and although it's a bit shabby, it was packed with customers and was bursting with new, secondhand and a decent amount of doer uppers at sensible prices.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

I managed to upload some photos I took of the rifle.

upload images

Last edited by look no hands; 28-05-2023 at 06:17 PM.

sounds a bit expensive

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    wondering if the barrel was shortened from breech or muzzle... I'd have asked to have a look under the silencer.
    I've never heard of a factory carbine either.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    wondering if the barrel was shortened from breech or muzzle... I'd have asked to have a look under the silencer.
    I've never heard of a factory carbine either.
    I sort of thought that as well, not that I'm clued up on FWBs, I did have the comments from everyone running through my head saying how accurate they are, I would expect the barrels are chocked.

I like the look of it...Big risk if it's been cut down at the muzzle end??>>£295. Feels more agreeable.

Chippendale is offline Well stuff me, you live and learn.
    Quote Originally Posted by SRV1 View Post
    One would need a beer and snack in the Lygon Arms after that shock.....
    The beer and snack are over priced as well, or they were when I was there.

Chippendale (with clothes on)

Quote Originally Posted by muzzle View Post
    I like the look of it...Big risk if it's been cut down at the muzzle end??>>£295. Feels more agreeable.
    I agree Daryl, £350 max.

I've bought a few guns off Broadway, and often wander round the shop looking through the racks. Some of the secondhand kit can have optimistic prices (I know I overpaid for a MK1 Airsporter), but on checking with Chris or Dan those are often commission sales where the owner set the price. They'll hang round for a bit then usually drop. He's sold a BSA Centenary 'kit' before for an eyewatering price, so guess if he knows he can get it he will try again. RFD transfers are cheaper than the well known shooting school & shop just outside Cheltenham. They say their stock comes from customers - ie he doesn't do fairs or auctions.