Page 12 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Bash 15th and 16th of July

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    I reckon so mate!!!
    Excellent stuff; you lucky, lucky man.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    At a guess, I recon its 21 days to go
    Quote Originally Posted by Willenium View Post
    Oh yes, indeedy.

BOING!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    I was a very good boy today and resisted buying another rifle, I'm saving my money for the bash, I was offered a SFS tuned BSA Lightning XL in .177, it shot really nice for a lightweight springer in the small calibre.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Saving your money for The Bash in general, or saving your money with a view to some prospective purchases at The Bash, Pete?

Not going for that Lightning could be viewed from a couple of angles - you might have had a lucky escape there. Or, if it was an earlier one and worked on by Tony and at the right money, could have been an excellent buy.

By the way, I have your little bag of bits for the Mercury here - standard guide, preload washer and spare piston 'O' ring. That envelope with those open sights is still proving elusive, though, but I will try and find them. I must get to have a little play with the Brocock soon and establish whether that groaning sound once warm is coming from the ram or elsewhere.

Smile And The Sleepometer says

20 to go, for the Saturday peeps.

BOING!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Saving your money for The Bash in general, or saving your money with a view to some prospective purchases at The Bash, Pete?

Not going for that Lightning could be viewed from a couple of angles - you might have had a lucky escape there. Or, if it was an earlier one and worked on by Tony and at the right money, could have been an excellent buy.

By the way, I have your little bag of bits for the Mercury here - standard guide, preload washer and spare piston 'O' ring. That envelope with those open sights is still proving elusive, though, but I will try and find them. I must get to have a little play with the Brocock soon and establish whether that groaning sound once warm is coming from the ram or elsewhere.
    It was one of the earlier Brum made XL's, it was a pretty good price, if it had been a bit fancier (may be a walnut stocked version, then I would have had it), it also had a Hawke 4 x 32 scope on it, if that had been a bit of a better scope then that may have swayed it (I have plenty of scopes though and there wasn't much difference in the price when asked if it was removed) but the way I look at it Tone, is SFS are still going and Tony is still tuning, he will also tune any rifle and although I'd like a SFS tuned rifle in my collection, I can get one of mine tuned in the future, the other thing is the XL has a pin instead of a nut and bolt on the breech, I know I shouldn't let that tiny thing put me off but I have that standard Supersport Custom I could send (although it shoots nice enough as it is with the delrin guides fitted) or some Merc/Challengers instead, I like to save my money for the bash as sometimes the odd rifle turns up of interest to me or one at a decent price, if there is nothing at the bash and the XL is still available then I may go get it or even take a punt at the Meteor Super they had and get that tuned (I think it has potential and reminds me so much of the Independent), I think a chat with Tony Wall may be in order to get his honest opinion on it.
    Last edited by look no hands; 25-06-2023 at 05:14 PM.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

NewPaul is online now Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    I don’t think there is a Bash Sales thread yet is there ?
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    I don’t think there is a Bash Sales thread yet is there ?
    What u selling pauly? 🤣🤣🤣

NewPaul is online now Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    What u selling pauly? 🤣🤣🤣
    Left over pellets from my first Bash in 2015
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    I will be selling off a scope or 2
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    I will be selling off a scope or 2
    I always look forward to looking through other scopes to see what they are like, I bought a couple of cheap Bushnell Banners last time but the glass seemed far better than some of the Jap glassed scopes on offer, to my eyes anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post

Without sounding to cheeky, if you're not going to be using the open sights on the 'cock then they are the same as the Mercs.

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    I will be looking to sell a prostaff 3x9x50 Pete
    Pete

It was one of the earlier Brum made XL's, it was a pretty good price, if it had been a bit fancier (may be a walnut stocked version, then I would have had it), it also had a Hawke 4 x 32 scope on it, if that had been a bit of a better scope then that may have swayed it (I have plenty of scopes though and there wasn't much difference in the price when asked if it was removed) but the way I look at it Tone, is SFS are still going and Tony is still tuning, he will also tune any rifle and although I'd like a SFS tuned rifle in my collection, I can get one of mine tuned in the future, the other thing is the XL has a pin instead of a nut and bolt on the breech, I know I shouldn't let that tiny thing put me off but I have that standard Supersport Custom I could send (although it shoots nice enough as it is with the delrin guides fitted) or some Merc/Challengers instead, I like to save my money for the bash as sometimes the odd rifle turns up of interest to me or one at a decent price, if there is nothing at the bash and the XL is still available then I may go get it or even take a punt at the Meteor Super they had and get that tuned (I think it has potential and reminds me so much of the Independent), I think a chat with Tony Wall may be in order to get his honest opinion on it.
    Sounds like a plan, Pete.

Without sounding to cheeky, if you're not going to be using the open sights on the 'cock then they are the same as the Mercs.
    Of course, sir. And you're not being cheeky at all.