Thread: Do you guys check for tight spots in your barrel

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Returning to the original post, can't say I have. But even cleaning barrels is newish to me...As I now just plink for the main part, I'm not obsessed with pin point accuracy.
    Can understand why people do it, especially if they hunt/do FT & HFT/target shooting.
    And it is, as evert said, of interest if you like playing with mechanical things.

ATB

Bru
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

I have always struggled to get my old Airsporter S 177 to be accurate. I tested the barrel when it was in pieces by rodding a pellet down it. It seemed to barely touch the sides all the way down! Despite that, a change of spring to a Titan no.5 (the one for the meteor) resulted in a change of preferred pellet to FAP and excellent accuracy if I do my bit. Also I have been shooting paper targets with one of my Diana 34s over the last couple of days as I couldn't get it to group. The gun has shot very well in the past with FTT, but seems to hate everything else! I have been trying every pellet in my collection which is all the decent round heads in all head sizes but to no avail, I even swapped scopes but still no joy. Last resort I cleaned the barrel which is not often done on springers by me but it seems to of worked! FTT are grouping nicely at 35 yards now, could of saved myself about 500 pellets if I'd done it sooner!
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer