Thread: Leishy 2 possible cylinder weakness

Leishy 2 possible cylinder weakness

I'll start by saying I dont have a leishy or any opinions on them, but I read one of the American forums and they have been testing the cylinder on an L2 and found it wanting. I'm not spreading any gossip, but wanted to make owners aware of the information so that they can read up and make up their own minds. I don't know if I'm allowed to post a link, but I'll do so and if it needs to be removed by one of the mods, please do so with my apologies. I'm only thinking of members safety.

https://www.airgunnation.com/threads...284424/page-17

I've just read through all 19 pages. To save anyone else having to do the same, A UK owned L2 is pictured with a blown up cylinder. The owner didn't start the thread but has commented to say the gun was his. He has not elaborated any further. He has given no details on the circumstances of the cylinder failure. There then follows 17 pages of speculation and opinion. In the last couple of pages, apparently qualified examination has been done of an undamaged L2 and found the cylinder design wanting. Ed has just got the original gun back for testing.

Thank me later.
    Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're probably right.

Quote Originally Posted by R0B View Post
    I'll start by saying I dont have a leishy or any opinions on them, but I read one of the American forums and they have been testing the cylinder on an L2 and found it wanting. I'm not spreading any gossip, but wanted to make owners aware of the information so that they can read up and make up their own minds. I don't know if I'm allowed to post a link, but I'll do so and if it needs to be removed by one of the mods, please do so with my apologies. I'm only thinking of members safety.

https://www.airgunnation.com/threads...284424/page-17
    Seem Ed has now videoed some cylinders tested to destruction and there was a massive safty margin so God knows what the bloke did to make his explode.