Thread: BSA Shadow, not arbine. Value Please

BSA Shadow, not arbine. Value Please

Hi, Not been around for quite a while, I'd like to know what you think the current value of this mini air rifle is. I paid £200 a few years before I sold my carbine.

This one is standard Buccanner size

The shadow has original metal parts to the gun and is in very nice condition and very rare. Serial number A 0242 The stock is a modded Buccanner painted black, the blueing is not as good as the rest. The stock is very solid with the mod and allows folks with bigger hands to use it. All worked as it should last time used. I used to be a very good shot with it, lol

been having fun trying to put pics up but heres a couple. can email whatever you need

https://i.postimg.cc/cHh74rGW/DSC-9921.jpg
    https://i.postimg.cc/T3br5kvC/DSC-9922.jpg

Thanks in advance

jim
    Last edited by coyote2; 30-05-2023 at 06:29 PM.

Hello Jim,

Looks like someone has cut off part of the stock as it should be a thumbhole. This kind of negates this as an original collectable IMHO.

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Hello Jim,

Looks like someone has cut off part of the stock as it should be a thumbhole. This kind of negates this as an original collectable IMHO.

John

Thanks John,

But was asking for value, As the action and barrel are original it will still have a value. If someone has a good stock with a rough or even re blued gun they would end up with a vey nice one indeed. I did that with a buccanner and many other things over the years. I quite like the stock as is but it could be sold with a very nice Buccaneer stock I have. Shame we cant sell on flea pay these days, I think it would jump out of my hands.

Value anyone

Hi Jim,
    I've still got the original photographs if you want me to post any.

Regarding value, it's a difficult one to put a current value on as Shadows don't appear for sale very often.

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    Hi Jim,
    I've still got the original photographs if you want me to post any.

Regarding value, it's a difficult one to put a current value on as Shadows don't appear for sale very often.
    Hello mate,

It's been a while, hope all is well. That would be great if you could, It's in the same condition now as then. I can email current pics to anyone that may be interested. I'm not in a rush to sell but am down sizing and moving to the country at last. No more big smoke for me

Thanks for your help mate,

all the best
    jim

These are photographs I took some years ago before selling the modified stocked Shadow to Jim:

Quote Originally Posted by coyote2 View Post
    Thanks John,

But was asking for value, As the action and barrel are original it will still have a value. If someone has a good stock with a rough or even re blued gun they would end up with a vey nice one indeed. I did that with a buccanner and many other things over the years. I quite like the stock as is but it could be sold with a very nice Buccaneer stock I have. Shame we cant sell on flea pay these days, I think it would jump out of my hands.

Value anyone
    It would be very hard to find an original Shadow stock and the price of one would have to be factored in by a potential purchaser.

Unfortunately, the Buccaneer stock would not be 'right' on a Shadow, so sadly, as a collectable, value would be 'not a lot' in my opinion. Others may disagree.

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Hello Jim,

John
    That is the problem, it is no longer in original condition anymore.

From the pictures it looks quite nice, a non collector might offer 150 but you then might think that too low.
    The more I think I know, the more I realise the less I know.