Thread: Light patter spring

Chippendale is offline Well stuff me, you live and learn.

Light patter spring

I recall that one of the BBS members was either manufacturing or supplying main springs and I"m unable to locate the origin post.

I'm wanting to reduce the power on my L Pattern, I have looked on the Protek site and it is saying that their Airsporter springs will fit the L Pattern piston.

I have an old Airsporter spring and it does not go into the L Patter piston.

I was wondering if the person who posted about the springs will be able to help me.

I don't want to cut the L Pattern spring as it has BSA stamped on either end of it and I want to keep it original.

Melv

Chippendale (with clothes on)

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippendale View Post
    I recall that one of the BBS members was either manufacturing or supplying main springs and I"m unable to locate the origin post.

I'm wanting to reduce the power on my L Pattern, I have looked on the Protek site and it is saying that their Airsporter springs will fit the L Pattern piston.

I have an old Airsporter spring and it does not go into the L Patter piston.

I was wondering if the person who posted about the springs will be able to help me.

I don't want to cut the L Pattern spring as it has BSA stamped on either end of it and I want to keep it original.

Melv

Chippendale (with clothes on)
    Can you give me an accurate internal diameter for the piston please Mel?

Chippendale is offline Well stuff me, you live and learn.
    Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Can you give me an accurate internal diameter for the piston please Mel?
    Its showing 20.68 then i have a reading of 20.77mm on my vernier caliper Nick.

Cheers
    Melv

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippendale View Post
    Its showing 20.68 then i have a reading of 20.77mm on my vernier caliper Nick.

Cheers
    Melv
    ok, that should give us 0.2mm of expansion which should be enough. Work out your spring room (piston internal depth in mm) and pm me your address.