Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Webley at Wallis

Wallis and Wallis sale

The big winner in all these auctions is as others have stated, the auction house.

Pity the guns of a former site member could'nt have been sold on this site however I suspect the beneficiaries of his estate just wanted a straightforward option.

Weihrauch Avenger

I noticed a Weihrauch Avenger was one gun sold at this auction but I have never come across one before.

I presume this is either a factory special or from a tuning house I have never heard of.

Quote Originally Posted by Brano View Post
    Well at least one has. I took the trip down and was very lucky to win the Webley Tomahawk Sidewinder. There were a couple more I would have liked but my eye was set on that one. I think the location and lack of replying to queries doesn't help raising more appropriate prices.
    The Tomahawk will stay with me and be well looked after.
    Congratulations it's a beauty! When you are buying a keeper, price isn't such an issue I don't think (bit like seeing the house of your dreams)

I kick myself all the time I ever sold my Sidewinder

Quote Originally Posted by ricardolamos View Post
    The big winner in all these auctions is as others have stated, the auction house.
    Agreed 100% as the buyer and seller both pay...

Pity the guns of a former site member could'nt have been sold on this site however I suspect the beneficiaries of his estate just wanted a straightforward option.
    Unfortunately the circumstances aren't always straight forward and sometimes the family/friends don't know what they are dealing with and auction is the easiest option.

I noticed a Weihrauch Avenger was one gun sold at this auction but I have never come across one before.

I presume this is either a factory special or from a tuning house I have never heard of.
    It was another of Alec's guns, he mentioned it here:

https://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread...hlight=avenger

And he did in fact buy it...

Quote Originally Posted by Brano View Post
    Well at least one has. I took the trip down and was very lucky to win the Webley Tomahawk Sidewinder. There were a couple more I would have liked but my eye was set on that one. I think the location and lack of replying to queries doesn't help raising more appropriate prices.
    The Tomahawk will stay with me and be well looked after.
    Good to hear and you got yourself a nice Sidewinder too!

Quote Originally Posted by nurek View Post
    It was another of Alec's guns, he mentioned it here:

https://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread...hlight=avenger

And he did in fact buy it...
    I had a look at the Avenger HW80. It was a very smooth cocking rifle. It had a black sticker with gold lettering on the top of the cylinder of a similar style to the Venom stickers of that period. It also appeared to have at some point had a second sticker on the RHS of the cylinder block.
    Always on the look out for Brum / Venom - Webley Longbow / Tommie rifles and parts.

Webley

I wondered how long before some of the rifles from the auction would appear on guntrader. Seems I didn't have to wait to long!!! Mach 1.5

Is it the engraved 80 for £1295 with factory tryolean stock. Mach 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    Is it the engraved 80 for £1295 with factory tryolean stock. Mach 1.5
    The barrel does not look part of the original rifle, no engraving, the bluing does not match and the barrel mod/weight
    Hw77+7

Oh haven't see that one. Mach 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by nurek View Post
    I am sorry to say that some of these guns were owned by a member of this forum, and a good friend, known on here as oldcurmudgeon, who died last year. Rest In Peace Alec.

I hope that some were bought by members of the BBS and will be used as intended.
    Sorry to hear that nurek, met him a few times at various arms . Very knowledgeable on airguns, I remember being at Bisley when he bought a .25 Longbow off the late Keith Bayliss.

Quote Originally Posted by coburn View Post
    Sorry to hear that nurek, met him a few times at various arms . Very knowledgeable on airguns, I remember being at Bisley when he bought a .25 Longbow off the late Keith Bayliss.
    He was very knowledgeable and helpful chap. I've met him for the first time at John Whiscombe's house as he was also a fan. He liked the quarter bore and was aiming to get every gone in that caliber.