Thread: Maintenance and repair

Maintenance and repair

If the maintenance and repair of a springer could be referred to as peeling an banana, how would you describe the equivalent for a PCP ? While looking at YouTube and the like, I don't think there's such fruit !

id not try to repair my pcp,ive done a few springers

Maybe not a fruit, but a coconut in it's husk perhaps?
    The more I think I know, the more I realise the less I know.

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Dissecting a pomegranate.
    Master Debater

Quote Originally Posted by where's it gone View Post
    If the maintenance and repair of a springer could be referred to as peeling an banana, how would you describe the equivalent for a PCP ?
    Satisfying.

Youtube is your friend as well as forums , when I got back to air gunning after a long absence, older and maybe more wiser ?? Probably more patient at least? I have read and studied no end just to raise my knowledge , I now have 7 springers and 2 PCP's , I can strip every single one of them to basic bare nut and bolt, barrel ,stock, regulator, "O" ring and rebuild them back to full working good order, so as long as you do you homework on certain models then all is possible.

But I expect there are several models out there that I probably couldn't do successfully ?? But my simple list includes TX200, Hw 97's, 99's , HW100 and AA S510, all have been totally overhauled , new springs and guide kits , deburred and correctly greased , total "O" ring replacement and even reg rebuild on the HW100 changing all the spring washers and fitting the custom HW100 reg spring guide , balancing the reg and hammer to manage 150 + shots from a standard cylinder in .177, so I didn't go to far wrong for what I need,

Watch, learn, go steady and you'll produce acceptable results, anything more than that, leave it to an expert, reduced or lightened pistons, altering transfer ports etc I leave well alone, I don't have the knowledge, the tools or machinery to do that type of work, but getting a .22 HW99s to have a very low recoil and a 3-5 fps shot spread over a 10 shot string isn't beyong anybody with a little bit of effort

I'd say it's more like peeling an orange,
    once the skin's off you still have pith around the segments,
    and sometimes a squirt of acidic juice will get you in the eye.