Thread: Britannia air rifle - excellent YouTube video from ptdunk

Britannia air rifle - excellent YouTube video from ptdunk

For those who have not seen it, I have just watched an excellent, fascinating and compelling review of the Britannia air rifle, which is some 36 mins long and deals with its accuracy, power, manufacture and much else. It also includes some superb vintage film. The Britannia, interestingly, had two power settings. Alas, it was not in production for long.

The video may be watched here and I hope ptdunk produces more magnificent documentaries like this for other air rifles, along with similar analysis of their performance and capabilities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVYnb4fDzU4

One minor point, some two to three mins into the video, and to which I cannot help referring, Britain did not lose the Boer War in 1902. We won it but after considerable losses caused by the Boer snipers, to which the author accurately (pun intended!) refers.

Rgds to all

A

Andrew, in case you hadn't noticed, Matt is a valued member and frequent contributor to this site. That Video was showcased when it first came out and has been mentioned a few times since. He has also produced some excellent videos of British air pistols and one on the full sized working models of vintage air guns ( patented but never produced ) made by John Griffiths, again another valued member on here and author of the ' Encyclopaedia of Spring Air Pistols'
    All of Matts productions are well worth watching and if you have not done so, I suggest you do

Quote Originally Posted by WebleyWombler View Post
    Andrew, in case you hadn't noticed, Matt is a valued member and frequent contributor to this site. That Video was showcased when it first came out and has been mentioned a few times since. He has also produced some excellent videos of British air pistols and one on the full sized working models of vintage air guns ( patented but never produced ) made by John Griffiths, again another valued member on here and author of the ' Encyclopaedia of Spring Air Pistols'
    All of Matts productions are well worth watching and if you have not done so, I suggest you do

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I have seen some of ptdunk's posts on the BBS and I am not surprised to learn that the video was showcased.

I will look for more productions and hope they continue. I was absolutely fascinated.

Kind rgds
    A