Thread: Left eye dominant, right handed rifle shooter?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I made the switch many years ago, and can't shoot from the Right now even if I wanted to, takes time but worth it, if you can't see the target you will never be a good shot.

Turnup is offline Dialling code‎: ‎01344
    I am pretty sure that most people can learn to shoot with weak eye and/or weak handed.

I am and always have been right handed and right eyed. Many years ago I got a bit bored with shooting and my performance was going downhill. For grins I decided to shoot left handed and left eyed. It was most weird but with persistance it came to feel normal and my shooting improved. I switched back and for a short while that too was weird but I quickly regained my former enthusiasm and skill. In my case I think that I had re-engaged my mind with shooting but for me at least it did prove that it is possibole to shoot well with weak hand and weak eye. Sure it is easier to use the strong side but one's natural tendencies can be overcame.
    True freedom includes the freedom to make mistakes or do foolish things and bear the consequences.
    TANSTAAFL

Left eye dominant but right hander

I learnt to shoot from the left.

ora