Thread: Greetings, El Gamo Paratrooper

Greetings, El Gamo Paratrooper

Hello all

I have found this site looking for information on various air rifles I have inherited, but only just started plinking about with as my lads have expressed an interest.

Some obviously require TLC, as been in storage for a while.

First up is an El Gamo single shot .177 Paratrooper, I managed to get it cocked once, and it fired down the range ok but it doesn't seem to want to engage the spring back into the compressed position again. Apologies for not using correct terminology I suspect a strip down and inspection will reveal more, but if anyone has any pointers, it would be fantastic and much appreciated.

As I'm a newbie, I don't think I can post photos yet.

All the best

Tom

My paratrooper repeater developed this sort of problem. I would call it failure to cock. That is the process of breaking the barrel until the piston engages upon the sear ( part of the trigger mechanism) ready to be loaded and fired.
    There can be many reasons but in my case a pin within the main mechanism wore out and the looseness stopped it cocking.
    More often the sear can wear or springs can weaken. Hopefully someone can offer further advice.
    The more I think I know, the more I realise the less I know.

welcome to the forum