Page 70 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1517

Thread: Autumn Bash 16th and 17th September 2023

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    How did you get on at work on Monday Tone ? I guess yesterday was your day off.
    Managed but awkward, Pauly. If I leave my glasses on, I have to cover my left eye up so you don't get double vision. Then you get arm ache. If I stick a patch thing on to cover the eye, it starts to play up after ten minutes, so can't attach anything to glasses that wouldn't be quickly removable.

However, due to the left eye that had the op being so much better than ever before, for probably about the first time in my life since age about nine, I can sorta manage many tasks with no glasses. That image isn't perfect and will need a weak lens to tweak. And I still get a bit of double vision. But I can now manage many things with no glasses. But I don't want either to get "lazy", so keep switching from glasses on to off etc. It's a bit of a pain but I've got to think how good it's going to be long-term.

Eye test later this month. Back to clinic early January. Then hopefully get the right eye done. A few more weeks to settle. Eye test again and then, hopefully, we can look forward to many years of much improved vision, Pauly.

Using some holiday days up, so off today. Work tomorrow. Then off until next Wednesday.

Can't wait to get boingering again. And I want to get back into fun with catapults. I have a Barnett Diablo and hoping that Santa is bringing me one of those basic Milbro Classic catapults. Watched a few videos yesterday re catapult marksmanship and learned loads in just a few minutes (mainly from Gamekeeper John's channel) and I'm itching to try those ideas out when I'm able to.

When younger I shot quite well with one in the "instinctive" style. But when you start talking reference and anchor points, the accuracy some of these shooters can achieve is awesome.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Bad enough searching for nice southpaw air rifles but Lefty Theo's are a mind numbing excersise !
    Ambi Fenmans are slightly easier.
    “An airgun or two”………

Segata is online now Has not one but two workbenches in his shed
    Catapult/Slingshots on my list too, Barnett King Rat Cobra has been ordered by the Mrs and I've been making clay ammo on and off in the hopes the old Black Widows turn up.
    You'll Shoot your eye out Kid
    Currently looking for an SMK/BAM B4-4 Rear sight or help modifying current one.
    Wanted Daisy Model 25 or Norica Commando in reasonable condition.

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Managed but awkward, Pauly. If I leave my glasses on, I have to cover my left eye up so you don't get double vision. Then you get arm ache. If I stick a patch thing on to cover the eye, it starts to play up after ten minutes, so can't attach anything to glasses that wouldn't be quickly removable.

However, due to the left eye that had the op being so much better than ever before, for probably about the first time in my life since age about nine, I can sorta manage many tasks with no glasses. That image isn't perfect and will need a weak lens to tweak. And I still get a bit of double vision. But I can now manage many things with no glasses. But I don't want either to get "lazy", so keep switching from glasses on to off etc. It's a bit of a pain but I've got to think how good it's going to be long-term.

Eye test later this month. Back to clinic early January. Then hopefully get the right eye done. A few more weeks to settle. Eye test again and then, hopefully, we can look forward to many years of much improved vision, Pauly.

Using some holiday days up, so off today. Work tomorrow. Then off until next Wednesday.

Can't wait to get boingering again. And I want to get back into fun with catapults. I have a Barnett Diablo and hoping that Santa is bringing me one of those basic Milbro Classic catapults. Watched a few videos yesterday re catapult marksmanship and learned loads in just a few minutes (mainly from Gamekeeper John's channel) and I'm itching to try those ideas out when I'm able to.

When younger I shot quite well with one in the "instinctive" style. But when you start talking reference and anchor points, the accuracy some of these shooters can achieve is awesome.
    That all sounds like it’s going in the right direction for you Tone . Shame you have to take holiday leave but at least it keeps the wage coming in I guess.
    I got into catty’s a few months ago and yes, there are some very good YouTube videos on tips and techniques. I find after about ten shots, my arm aches so it’s difficult to get in a good long session. I bought a Cattyshack Evo from a nice chap on here, it’s a lovely bit of kit but I’m not very accurate at the moment to say the least. I’ll get back into it come Spring. I made a target/ammo catcher out of a plastic barrel but I don’t always mange to even get the shot inside the large opening

HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by Segata View Post
    Catapult/Slingshots on my list too, Barnett King Rat Cobra has been ordered by the Mrs and I've been making clay ammo on and off in the hopes the old Black Widows turn up.
    Ooooh, I've just seen that King Rat on the Internet. Looks good. I'm getting strangely interested in the idea of adding a Black Widow to the collection, too. JSR look to have a fine selection of deals and ammo (including clay).

The Wasp slingshots interest me, too.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

That all sounds like it’s going in the right direction for you Tone . Shame you have to take holiday leave but at least it keeps the wage coming in I guess.
    I got into catty’s a few months ago and yes, there are some very good YouTube videos on tips and techniques. I find after about ten shots, my arm aches so it’s difficult to get in a good long session. I bought a Cattyshack Evo from a nice chap on here, it’s a lovely bit of kit but I’m not very accurate at the moment to say the least. I’ll get back into it come Spring. I made a target/ammo catcher out of a plastic barrel but I don’t always mange to even get the shot inside the large opening

Good lad.

Get back into it as and when the weather allows, Pauly, and get that practice in.

I wonder if it might be worth fitting weaker bands so that you can practice for longer and aim more precisely? Longer sessions will see the muscle memory work for you.

The Cattys with the flat bands are way better than the tubular banded ones Tone. I’ve got a wasp uniphox which is a cracking little catty for the money mate 👍

I agree with Chris, flat bands are better IMO.

Tone: I’ve got Barnett Black Widow you are welcome to keep. It’s got the wrist support and dayglow sight thingy. It’ll need new tube bands though as the ones on it have gone brittle. I’ll bring it to the next Bash if you haven’t got one by then.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

I was offered one a few weeks back but chap never got back to me, the red magnum bands are dirt cheap so if mine ever turn up I'll probably upgrade them to those or the X hunting bands.
    And yes I know theres an advantage to Flattys, next Catty on the list will probably be the Milbro with a Laser as I was impressed with the frame but for now this Cobra ticks all my boxes, chomping at the bit to get it even though its paws firmly off until December 25th.
    Main reason for making ammo was to keep me busy and I already had a load of Clay, been keeping an eye out for mould kits to reuse my spent pellets aswell but I will also look at adding some to a bulk Ammo order when I can put one in.

Impressive willpower. Yes, do keep waiting. Not that long to go now and the wait will make it even better. Great that you can do your own ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    The Cattys with the flat bands are way better than the tubular banded ones Tone. I’ve got a wasp uniphox which is a cracking little catty for the money mate ��
    Thanks, Chris. Yes, your comment re the flat bands does seem to agree with accepted consensus. I think it was probably the Uniphox that was jumping out at me. Can't see it being very long until a Wasp joins the menagerie. Parents normally just give us cash at Christmas, so it could be a late Chridtmas present. Will do a little bit more research into which of the models might be best for me. All advice greatly appreciated.

I agree with Chris, flat bands are better IMO.

Tone: I’ve got Barnett Black Widow you are welcome to keep. It’s got the wrist support and dayglow sight thingy. It’ll need new tube bands though as the ones on it have gone brittle. I’ll bring it to the next Bash if you haven’t got one by then.
    Pauly; that's a mighty fine gesture. Go on, then, you're a 'ickle star!

Seem to remember you have to dip the tube holders in isopropyl alcohol so that the new bands slip on from memory?

And do get that catty time in.

Thanks, Chris. Yes, your comment re the flat bands does seem to agree with accepted consensus. I think it was probably the Uniphox that was jumping out at me. Can't see it being very long until a Wasp joins the menagerie. Parents normally just give us cash at Christmas, so it could be a late Chridtmas present. Will do a little bit more research into which of the models might be best for me. All advice greatly appreciated.
    Check out my Slingshots thread in Non Airgun, theres a lot in there, kept finding a lot of options too small for me but others they should likely be just fine.

Pauly; that's a mighty fine gesture. Go on, then, you're a 'ickle star!

Seem to remember you have to dip the tube holders in isopropyl alcohol so that the new bands slip on from memory?

And do get that catty time in.
    It’s yours Tone. Can’t say I know anything about attaching tubes matey but what you say makes total sense.

Tubes work kinda like a Chinese finger trap, cut the old ones off and push new ones on, when pulled the tension causes the tube to contract so they stay put but if worried you could probably add a tie to hold it extra tight.