Thread: Best pellet for BSA inproved model D .177

Best pellet for BSA inproved model D .177

As title . If anyone can give me some help on this please. It would be a great help. I sure this question has been asked before. so apologies on bringing it up again. Thank you

Pellets

Hi

I find Hobby pellets suit my .177" Improved Model D and .22" Hobby pellets suit my HW95 out to 35 yds. Hope this helps.

I have tried the new Eley wasp pellet which is different to the old style diablo, more like it was H.N made but shoots very well.

hi

Marksman

Try 4.52 JSB Express, they work for me.

Matt

Hobby or Econ II for short range work and H&N FTT for longer ranges or bell target. I've used both for years and they are capable of some excellent performance in these old girls.

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    I have used marksmen and older wasps in mine and find they are quite good.

Your rifle is in .177so should handle all modern pellers ok. Just keep trying some until you find what suits it. I tend to use marksman and ecite econ II in mine because they are cheap and I only plink with my pre war .177 BSAs

.22 is a different matter and I find that normal marksman, H&N ft and Superdomes work best but anything serious and I stick to Superdomes. Might surprise some PCP shooters but Superdomes out of a 110 year old BSA springer will still poleaxe a rabbit at 30 yards, iron sights work if you can see

It has been my experience that light, pistol, pistol weight match pellets perform best in my older .177
    BSA air rifles. H&N Finale Match or RWS R10 are my favourites, but RWS Hobby make a cheaper alternative for informal target shooting.
    I also use RWS Hobby pellets in the larger .22 calibre which seem seem to perform quite well and make nice clean holes in the paper at 20 Yds.
    Brian

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    We use RWS Superdome at bell target and my BSA Light Pattern performs very well with them.

Best pellet for Improved model D .177

Wow Thanks to everyone who replied. I now have a good choice to try.