Thread: Artemis pp800r

Artemis pp800r

After some lousy weather and a weeks holiday I finally got to try my new pp800r this week.

Zeroed it in from 30ft with a red dot that is fitted and then shot a few targets. It’s very accurate!

Rested, it’s grouping in half inch groups but I really bought it for non-rested target work and, unfortunately, I’m finding it a bit front heavy for that purpose. I also found the stock very bulky…but I don’t have particularly big hands, so others might be ok with it.

After mulling it over I decided to purchase the fixed sporter stock from Bob Pattenden and use it as a carbine. Not exactly the initial plan but it should provide a more stable platform without having to use a rest.

On the refill front….as it is my first pcp and has a relatively small air capacity I decided to initially try a manual pump, and purchased one from Amazon. It worked extremely well for this pistol…about 3 minutes to go from amber to the top of green (200bar) and not difficult at all. Filling a larger capacity gun would, I imagine, be a very different proposition!

I’ll post an update when I get the new stock….

Don’t see a way of adding a pic? Just me? Have I missed it somewhere or can that not be done?

Cheers
    Geoff

Antoni is offline There's nothing cushy about life in the Women's Auxiliary Balloon Corps!
    I bought a "Model PP700S-A" PCP pistol from the local car boot sale. £129.72 (don't ask). It came with a good stirrup pump and what turned out to be a dodgy Foster charge probe. Cost very little to buy the necessary O-ring(s).

There was no trigger adjustment screw present hence very heavy trigger but it worked consistently.

A trigger screw was knocked up. I find that the trigger force seems to be variable despite the very firmly seated trigger adjustment screw.

When taking it from its storage point I expect and usually find that the hammer will not "latch". All it takes is to point the unloaded air gun in a safe direction and operate the trigger. Then the hammer will always "latch". I will not go inside the airgun to investigate because:

Das Computur Machin ist easy schnappen der springen-werk und poppen corken mit spitzen sparken. Das rubbernecken sightseeren Keepen das mits in das pocketen und watch das blinken lighten.

I've always found this to be good advice. All I have to do is check safe and pull the trigger. Everything is then fine and the air gun is always more accurate than me. It is a good introduction to Pre Charged Pneumatic and because of its small air tank it's nothing more than a gentle work-out to fully charge it. I've not counted but it does abt 40 shots in the green. Plenty.

[and it makes an excellent daddy-long-legs blaster]

Last edited by Antoni; 12-10-2023 at 12:57 PM.
    P1V1overT1=P2V2overT2

Follow up

I received the Bob Pattenden carbine upgrade kit and made the conversion.

I haven't had the opportunity to shoot it yet but the adjustable cheek piece and butt pad made for a very comfortable holding position.

I sent an email to the forums ‘contact us’ link about the inability to post pictures but have not had a reply….so…

Here is a link to a short YT vid I made, which had pics of the converted pistol.

https://youtu.be/6CIfXENuA60?si=I_8SFJVbK14iE36Z

Cheers
    Geoff

Antoni is offline There's nothing cushy about life in the Women's Auxiliary Balloon Corps!
    Quote Originally Posted by Antoni View Post
    I bought a "Model PP700S-A" PCP pistol from the local car boot sale. £129.72 (don't ask). It came with a good stirrup pump and what turned out to be a dodgy Foster charge probe. Cost very little to buy the necessary O-ring(s).

There was no trigger adjustment screw present hence very heavy trigger but it worked consistently.

A trigger screw was knocked up. I find that the trigger force seems to be variable despite the very firmly seated trigger adjustment screw.

When taking it from its storage point I expect and usually find that the hammer will not "latch". All it takes is to point the unloaded air gun in a safe direction and operate the trigger. Then the hammer will always "latch". I will not go inside the airgun to investigate because:

Das Computur Machin ist easy schnappen der springen-werk und poppen corken mit spitzen sparken. Das rubbernecken sightseeren Keepen das mits in das pocketen und watch das blinken lighten.

I've always found this to be good advice. All I have to do is check safe and pull the trigger. Everything is then fine and the air gun is always more accurate than me. It is a good introduction to Pre Charged Pneumatic and because of its small air tank it's nothing more than a gentle work-out to fully charge it. I've not counted but it does abt 40 shots in the green. Plenty.

[and it makes an excellent daddy-long-legs blaster].
    Update: All it took was taking the pistol stock and trigger guard off and then using good-ole three-in-one oil on the trigger bearings. Take care to re-assemble in the correct order. The side cheeks should be inserted and screwed to the hand-stock last.

At the same time I saw how the power could be adjusted. Very easy. I upped it a bit and it's now measuring 4.0 FtLb on the ancient Skan, with heavy pellets.

No point trying to take the power nearer to the just below 6 FtLb because the breach design is just asking for leakage. And it does leak. The breach is like a swing bridge. Pivotted at one end, and relies on the pivot bearing's perfection to hold the breach in the closed and sealed position, perfectly against the barrel and against the high pressure air. It doesn't. But it works well enough and the air loss is consistent.

With the oil and the trigger adjustment screw this is a competent pistol.
    P1V1overT1=P2V2overT2