Quote Originally Posted by Itskeith View Post
My current shortlist of early / low cost and popular (easy to resell later if needed) PCP’s 10m Air match pistols, with top loading trays appears to be:

Morini CM162
Walther LP300 / LP400
Pardini K10
FWB P44

This would of course rule out Steyr LP1 / LP1p’s, which I guess you do need to look at whilst loading!
Though I’m guessing from the performance of top shooters with Steyr pistols that this is not a problem for them!

Also, I have read lots of recommendations for the great servicing availability of Morini and Steyr pistols in the UK.

Are parts and servicing also easily available for the Walther LP300 / LP400 / Pardini K10 and FWB P44?Diverse Trading for Pardini Check UK distributors/importers - Diverse Trading for Pardini
Or for this reason would you delete any of these off your shortlist?

Some specific model questions:
Would you avoid the early Morini CM162E’s due to battery availability? Yes - the later versions use 2 x AAA either Duracell or rechargeable.

Is a Walther LP300 plenty good enough for a beginner to learn with, or would any LP400 users (who used to own an LP300) recommend, waiting - saving up and paying the extra for an LP400? LP400 trigger is better and more reliable - my LP300 trigger used to disassemble itself regularly; the grip is a 3 axis adjustable one so returning it to the correct orientation was a faff.

Any thoughts and comments would be much appreciated.

Better still - buy a Pardini K12......certainly, try ALL the above and buy the one that fits you best. A good, qualified pistol coach should be able to help.

Cheers.
Keith
Just my 2 cents worth - other opinions are available.

ATB
Mike.