Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HW30 Tune

A good few years ago, I ordered a modified HW30 piston from Target Tune India (TTI). At the time WW was an agent. Anyhow, I got Will to do a tune kit for it, which proved interesting as the i/d of the new piston was marginally smaller than the standard, so an alternative spring had to be sourced. From recollection, Will got it up to about 7.5ft/lbs in .177". It was a sweet shooter, but in the end, I sold it as I had too many HW30's (I was buying project HW30's from Oakhampton Guns at £40 a pop and ended up with way too many) and my logic was, the tuned '30 would sell better and the HW30 is such a sweet shooter anyway, I could experiment myself.
    Sadly I believe TTI was on a slippery slope after the death of the original owner (some comments even suggested there were issues before) and I believe they no longer trade.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?v...electedIndex=3

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    A good few years ago, I ordered a modified HW30 piston from Target Tune India (TTI). At the time WW was an agent. Anyhow, I got Will to do a tune kit for it, which proved interesting as the i/d of the new piston was marginally smaller than the standard, so an alternative spring had to be sourced. From recollection, Will got it up to about 7.5ft/lbs in .177". It was a sweet shooter, but in the end, I sold it as I had too many HW30's (I was buying project HW30's from Oakhampton Guns at £40 a pop and ended up with way too many) and my logic was, the tuned '30 would sell better and the HW30 is such a sweet shooter anyway, I could experiment myself.
    Sadly I believe TTI was on a slippery slope after the death of the original owner (some comments even suggested there were issues before) and I believe they no longer trade.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?v...electedIndex=3
    I think they have folded, I saw something the other day on their date but there was no updates for a few years.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    I had a TTI ‘glided’ piston for my 30 and it was poor quality. Sold it. Vortek kit with the Vortek piston seal will get near 8 fpe in .177 and over 9fpe in .22 but it’s snappy. Heard that the springs have poor longevity. Standard 7 fpe is pleasant and gives a flat enough trajectory to 30 meters. If you need more power the best tuning mod is to trade it for an HW99.
    Last edited by T 20; 28-11-2023 at 05:43 PM.

Hw30

Well my little 30 should be back tomorrow. Report to follow. Mach 1.5

Very much looking forward to hearing about it, Paul.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Just been chatting with Paul about this. Very nice looking.
    Looks like I'll be ordering one very soon - Lyn, I can see you becoming busier...

Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Looks a smashing little rig 👍

The hw30 is one of those rifles that you either keep hold of or end up owning many times over !

Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post
    Just been chatting with Paul about this. Very nice looking.
    Looks like I'll be ordering one very soon - Lyn, I can see you becoming busier...

I bet it shoots real nice.
    Looks like a V-Mach trigger blade as been fitted or a Rowan type.
    Enjoy your new 30s .
    Les..

Hw30

Very smooth to use and doing 8.4 ft lbs with JSB Exact. Mach 1.5
    Last edited by Mach 1.5; 30-11-2023 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dfait View Post
    Looks a smashing little rig 👍

The hw30 is one of those rifles that you either keep hold of or end up owning many times over !
    Absolutely.
    I sold my custom .177 version but a .22 in pretty much the same guise as Paul's will be landing soon.
    They're just so nice to use.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Hw30

ARC tuning informed me the trigger blades will be available in brass, little the one pictured, black and alloy. A set back one will also be available. Mach 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    ARC tuning informed me the trigger blades will be available in brass, little the one pictured, black and alloy. A set back one will also be available. Mach 1.5
    The trigger blade looks the part,and a resetable safety .
    That little scope complements it perfectly. What’s the make of the scope please?.
    Les..

Hw30

Hi Les. Scope is a Discovery 1-6x24 ffp ED. Just purchased off here. Really nice glass I must say. Funny enough to the two arrived together yesterday. Mach 1.5

Can't view the image but it sounds like it's lovely.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    Hi Les. Scope is a Discovery 1-6x24 ffp ED. Just purchased off here. Really nice glass I must say. Funny enough to the two arrived together yesterday. Mach 1.5
    Hi Paul
    Thanks for the info regarding the scope.
    Hopefully be able to have a go with it at a future Bash ldwink.
    Les..