Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 61

Thread: Custom spring guides

  1. #46
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    redcar
    Posts
    894
    My Diana 52 had aplastic guide which broke twice.
    I ended up making my own out of tube, splaying the ends a big washer.
    Worked a treat. Had that thing running at 20ftlb in .177 with Bisley Mags.
    VAYA CON DIOS

  2. #47
    Barryg's Avatar
    Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Nr. YEOVIL
    Posts
    5,103
    Quote Originally Posted by gsxrman View Post
    My Diana 52 had aplastic guide which broke twice.
    I ended up making my own out of tube, splaying the ends a big washer.
    Worked a treat. Had that thing running at 20ftlb in .177 with Bisley Mags.
    If you get a Terry Robb guide it will never break, you might have to finish it off yourself to get it really smooth



  3. #48
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Retford, Notts
    Posts
    35,462
    That's nice, Barry.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Retford, Notts
    Posts
    35,462
    Quote Originally Posted by gsxrman View Post
    My Diana 52 had aplastic guide which broke twice.
    I ended up making my own out of tube, splaying the ends a big washer.
    Worked a treat. Had that thing running at 20ftlb in .177 with Bisley Mags.
    So old-school HW stylee.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

  5. #50
    Hsing-ee's Avatar
    Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    18,376
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    I can't actually take the credit for the "Boinger" nemenclature though, Al. In 2013 we had our "Spring Gun Gathering". Then, in early 2014 I was re-acquainted with my good friend, and fine all-round chap (but PCP loving ), Graham Henderson. He referred to our beloved springers as "Boingers". The term stuck, and the name "The Boinger Bash" had a lovely ring to it, so it's stuck for years.

    BOING!
    You might not have invented it but you DISCOVERED it like a Hollywood producer finding a waif working in a launderette and making her into a star.

    For me, air-rifles ARE spring-piston powered. While I do own a PCP, to my mind its like a low-power rimfire that's easy to own.

    There doesn't seem to be a PCP term that is equivalent to 'boinger'. Maybe because shooters who only own PCPs are clinical & dull like their guns.

    RapidNick once said that PCPs were 'magic sticks' but that didn't really get to the essence of them.

    'Fart-gewehr' would be my choice, the German adding a dash of the exotic.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Retford, Notts
    Posts
    35,462
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    You might not have invented it but you DISCOVERED it like a Hollywood producer finding a waif working in a launderette and making her into a star.

    For me, air-rifles ARE spring-piston powered. While I do own a PCP, to my mind its like a low-power rimfire that's easy to own.

    There doesn't seem to be a PCP term that is equivalent to 'boinger'. Maybe because shooters who only own PCPs are clinical & dull like their guns.

    RapidNick once said that PCPs were 'magic sticks' but that didn't really get to the essence of them.

    'Fart-gewehr' would be my choice, the German adding a dash of the exotic.
    Haha. You're too kind, Al.

    For that PCP term, how about "Flat Fart"?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

  7. #52
    Hsing-ee's Avatar
    Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    18,376
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Haha. You're too kind, Al.

    For that PCP term, how about "Flat Fart"?
    I like it.


    'ee brung a flatfart to the Boinger Bash and didn't he look a proper wassock when he tried slapping the barrel down after playing with a HW98 summon lent him...

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Retford, Notts
    Posts
    35,462
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    I like it.


    'ee brung a flatfart to the Boinger Bash and didn't he look a proper wassock when he tried slapping the barrel down after playing with a HW98 summon lent him...
    Haha!

    Or an "SBD".
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

  9. #54
    Hsing-ee's Avatar
    Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    18,376
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Haha!

    Or an "SBD".
    oi saw that BDTD, 'e givern up on 'is 77 and 'es 'olding on to a SBD like it was a new baby kitten, got it right in his cheek.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Cambridge UK
    Posts
    7,076
    'Pingers'
    or 'Phhooters'.......aka 'phutters'.

    Cheers, Phil

  11. #56
    Barryg's Avatar
    Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Nr. YEOVIL
    Posts
    5,103
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post

    There doesn't seem to be a PCP term that is equivalent to 'boinger'.
    Puffer

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Retford, Notts
    Posts
    35,462
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    oi saw that BDTD, 'e givern up on 'is 77 and 'es 'olding on to a SBD like it was a new baby kitten, got it right in his cheek.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
    'Pingers'
    or 'Phhooters'.......aka 'phutters'.

    Cheers, Phil
    Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    Puffer
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

  13. #58
    tinbum's Avatar
    tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Daarn Saaarf!
    Posts
    19,585
    I thought the PC term was “Puufters”?
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Preston
    Posts
    3,210
    Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    Puffer
    On anorther forum I'm a member of they refer to PCPs as "pffft guns"
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

  15. #60
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Quigley Hollow, Nuneaton
    Posts
    17,112
    Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    Puffer
    I'd rather we didn't call them that, Barry, as it's my wife's maiden name.

    And I sometimes have to ride around in her car :-

    image.jpg

    PllFFR.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •