Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holts Auction.

Holts Auction.

Just finished watching air gun auction prices on the above. Worth alook through the guns on offer and the prices that they fetched. Dont forget to add on commission of 30% approx.

Holts

Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Just finished watching air gun auction prices on the above. Worth alook through the guns on offer and the prices that they fetched. Dont forget to add on commission of 30% approx.
    I had a bid on the Wray gun bid £450 hammer price £800
    Theoben SLR 88 crazy price £3200 lol

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by partner k1250 View Post
    Theoben SLR 88 crazy price £3200 lol
    was it a thumbhole ultra carbine ? All I can imageine, as even the .177 FTs are not that rare... Still seems insane though...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

It was a an SLR88 Hunter John, I can imagine just like the one you recently sold….😳

Quote Originally Posted by Duggan View Post
    It was a an SLR88 Hunter John, I can imagine just like the one you recently sold….😳
    lol
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

No commission at Armsfairs.
    See you on 1st September

http://kemptonclassicarmsfair.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    lol
    Apologies John just double checked and it was the Ultra Carbine I understand that there was only around 20 of these made….you can relax a bit now…😀

I have posted the Holts prewar airgun results here:

https://forum.vintageairgunsgallery....uns/#post-9002
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggan View Post
    Apologies John just double checked and it was the Ultra Carbine I understand that there was only around 20 of these made….you can relax a bit now…😀
    Makes more sense; I had one back in the day... would have been worth holding onto as an investment !

BSA Military Pattern - £2100 plus fees

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    The machine gun made a grand plus fees. I was too tied up today to bid, shame.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

I'm no collector, but some interesting results.

The SLR did make a fantastic price. Lovely rifle.
    The Stirling was a fantastic example being walnut. If you are going to have an example of a "poor" rifle then what an example to have.
    Fab rifles did seem to make great prices.
    The walnut concept BSA 2000 didn't sell. I wonder how high the reserve was, and how high the bidding went? The model cannot be considered a production model, but still....

Good looking rifles in great condition will aways hold a premium price. I suspect the Scottish effect will knock down less desirable rifle prices. There are a lot in the closed bid sale. I suspect a load more in future sales. I suspect some of the start prices are too high.

I see that the BSA Spanner and pellet probe made £80. Maybe others spotted the strange "shoulders" on the face of the spanner, which I personally have not seen on other examples...?

Also there was only one photograph of one side. Surely if you wanted an item to achieve top dollar, you might have wanted to post an image of each side !

Lakey

Quote Originally Posted by Lakey View Post
    I see that the BSA Spanner and pellet probe made £80. Maybe others spotted the strange "shoulders" on the face of the spanner, which I personally have not seen on other examples...?

Also there was only one photograph of one side. Surely if you wanted an item to achieve top dollar, you might have wanted to post an image of each side !

Lakey
    One of the many reasons why I would never buy from holts.....
    See you on 1st September

http://kemptonclassicarmsfair.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    I'm no collector, but some interesting results.

The walnut concept BSA 2000 didn't sell. I wonder how high the reserve was, and how high the bidding went? The model cannot be considered a production model, but still....
    We had a look at that VS2000, we have two here on the "shelf" so to speak. The magazine that was in it was not one of the original magazines according the the all knowledgable boss.