Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Called in....

NewPaul is online now Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Project brought to a halt !
    Broke my wrist three days ago, arm/wrist in a cast so I can’t drive !
    Oh no ! How did you manage that John ?
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Project brought to a halt !
    Broke my wrist three days ago, arm/wrist in a cast so I can’t drive !
    Sorry to hear this, John. How did you manage to do that?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Segata is offline Has not one but two workbenches in his shed
    Could always see if they'll bring it to you if you're a regular and have genuine intrest in it, I was waiting to see the outcome and would offer to drive if you were in my neck of the woods.
    You'll Shoot your eye out Kid
    Currently looking for an SMK/BAM B4-4 Rear sight or help modifying current one.
    Wanted Daisy Model 25 or Norica Commando in reasonable condition.

That's not good news John.
    Here's to a speedy recovery.
    Les..

Bad luck kid best wishes for a speedy recovery .

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quite a bit happened today.

Firstly, sincere thanks for all the good wishes, especially to "Segata" !
    Secondly, the injury was caused by me falling over a large package in the dark which had been placed right up to the back door of house on the step while we were out on Tuesday. I had totally forgot about the delivery and was on my way to the bin stepping out through the door obviously. I fell forwards and sustained minor bruising to my right knee but most of the impact was taken by my right hand/wrist.
    Not too much pain initially but overnight things became worse and by morning the wife drove me to Perth Royal Hospitsal where I spent three hours in A & E eventually leaving with a cast which will remain until 28th December !

As things stand I can't drive but this morning I managed to call at the gunshop while my missus went shopping and after a close inspection of the Webley Stingray which fortunetly was still there on the rack, I bought it !
    Overall the gun is in pretty good condition, S/N 814831. Birmingham Made stamped on the block. Some light pitting on the cylinder but very minor and the odd scratch and dent of the ambi beech stock but again nothing serious and a terra cotta rubber butt pad with "Webley" moulded in the centre.
    The barrel has a deep black finish and has a muzzle shoe with half inch thread and fore sight secured by small grub screw similar to other Webley and BSA air rifles and a small "pepper pot" silencer with O ring is screwed into this. The rear sight is present but has the top elevation adjustment screw missing but I'm guessing a replacement may be available.

I put a few Wasps through it managing a clover leaf group at about 12 yards briefly before dark today and the power seems to be OK. There is a wee bit of noise when cocking but again not too bad, I've known worse.
    So far, I like the feel of it and I reckon it could be made into a very respectable air rifle with a bit of TLC on my part. Reminds me of a 95 in handling and weight wise but the stock feels better than the factory Weihrauch stock especially the double fluting running the its upper length. I'm suspecting this could be due the the influance of the "Venom Boys" as with both the Longbow and Tomahawk air rifles ?

The gun came with a Tasco 4x32 Golden Antler on S'match single screw mounts but I'll replace those maybe.
    Last edited by Blackrider; 02-12-2023 at 07:40 PM.
    “An airgun or two”………

Quite a bit happened today.

Firstly, sincere thanks for all the good wishes, especially to "Segata" !
    Secondly, the injury was caused by me falling over a large package in the dark which had been placed right up to the back door of house on the step while we were out on Tuesday. I had totally forgot about the delivery and was on my way to the bin stepping out through the door obviously. I fell forwards and sustained minor bruising to my right knee but most of the impact was taken by my right hand/wrist.
    Not too much pain initially but overnight things became worse and by morning the wife drove me to Perth Royal Hospitsal where I spent three hours in A & E eventually leaving with a cast which will remain until 28th December !

As things stand I can't drive but this morning I managed to call at the gunshop while my missus went shopping and after a close inspection of the Webley Stingray which fortunetly was still there on the rack, I bought it !
    Overall the gun is in pretty good condition, S/N 814831. Birmingham Made stamped on the block. Some light pitting on the cylinder but very minor and the odd scratch and dent of the ambi beech stock but again nothing serious and a terra cotta rubber butt pad with "Webley" moulded in the centre.
    The barrel has a deep black finish and has a muzzle shoe with half inch thread and fore sight secured by small grub screw similar to other Webley and BSA air rifles and a small "pepper pot" silencer with O ring is screwed into this. The rear sight is present but has the top elevation adjustment screw missing but I'm guessing a replacement may be available.

I put a few Wasps through it managing a clover leaf group at about 12 yards briefly before dark today and the power seems to be OK. There is a wee bit of noise when cocking but again not too bad, I've known worse.
    So far, I like the feel of it and I reckon it could be made into a very respectable air rifle with a bit of TLC on my part. Reminds me of a 95 in handling and weight wise but the stock feels better than the factory Weihrauch stock especially the double fluting running the its upper length. I'm suspecting this could be due the the influance of the "Venom Boys" as with both the Longbow and Tomahawk air rifles ?

The gun came with a Tasco 4x32 Golden Antler on S'match single screw mounts but I'll replace those maybe.
    Well done on getting the Stingray.
    Sounds like a nice gun ,and the Tasco would sit nicely on top for a period set up.
    Les..

Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    Well done on getting the Stingray.
    Sounds like a nice gun ,and the Tasco would sit nicely on top for a period set up.
    Les..
    It'll be either that or the Tasco AG 4x32AO I bought of Paul (Helliquin) at the last Bash Les !
    “An airgun or two”………

Webley

You need a Nikko Sterling platinum as more period than the other scopes mentioned..I know I need to get out more. Mach 1.5

I have two on other guns but another certainly wouldn't go amiss !
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    You need a Nikko Sterling platinum as more period than the other scopes mentioned..I know I need to get out more. Mach 1.5
    Hi Paul
    I bow to your knowledge on all things scope wise.
    Do the Nikko sterling platinum scopes pre date the Tasco antler range of that era?.
    Les..

Segata is offline Has not one but two workbenches in his shed
    Sounds an absolute beaut, deffo have a soft spot for Webleys
    You'll Shoot your eye out Kid
    Currently looking for an SMK/BAM B4-4 Rear sight or help modifying current one.
    Wanted Daisy Model 25 or Norica Commando in reasonable condition.

Webley

Nikko Platinum range came out around 1996, Tasco Antler was just before maybe early 90's. The nikko is a far better scope as the tasco was the budget range. They did do a golden antler which was a little better but I would still take the nikko over them. The platinum range was branded by 3 companies, nikko, webley and Parker hale for some reason. Mach 1.5
    Last edited by Mach 1.5; 03-12-2023 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    Nikko Platinum range came out around 1996, Tasco Antler was just before maybe early 90's. The nikkon is rare better scope as the tasco was the budget range. They did do a golden antler which was a little better but I would still take the nikko over them. The platinum range was branded by 3 companies, nikko, webley and Parker hale for some reason. Mach 1.5
    Thanks for the info :cool.
    I have a couple of gloss Nikko’s and they are a nice clear scope.
    Les..

Very well done on your purchase, John. Enjoy.

I hope you recover swiftly.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!