Thread: Called in....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring

Called in....

at my local RFD today on the off chance they might have something in second hand of interest as you do ?

Turns out, a .22 HW 35 was still there which I sort of "three quarter" fancy but at the end of the rack, an interesting Webley was lurking, and had only just appeared I was informed !
    It was chained up and had yet to be evaluated so no details or price had been put on it. The assistant on duty couldn't help me at that time as the chap who looked after the gun section was out on other business and although he was expected shortly, hadn't turned up after a 30 minute wait.
    I couldn't see any lettering/stamping as to the gun details as it was turned inwards on the rack.

I'll pay a call tomorrow or the day after to see what gives with this particular air rifle as I suspect it could be a Brummie made gun which would be interesting !

An addendum on this;
    The stock was an Ambi with a Monti Carlo cheek piece on either side of the butt.
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    at my local RFD today on the off chance they might have something in second hand of interest as you do ?

Turns out, a .22 HW 35 was still there which I sort of "three quarter" fancy but at the end of the rack, an interesting Webley was lurking, and had only just appeared I was informed !
    It was chained up and had yet to be evaluated so no details or price had been put on it. The assistant on duty couldn't help me at that time as the chap who looked after the gun section was out on other business and although he was expected shortly, hadn't turned up after a 30 minute wait.
    I couldn't see any lettering/stamping as to the gun details as it was turned inwards on the rack.

I'll pay a call tomorrow or the day after to see what gives with this particular air rifle as I suspect it could be a Brummie made gun which would be interesting !

An addendum on this;
    The stock was an Ambi with a Monti Carlo cheek piece on either side of the butt.
    Possibly a Longbow or a Tomahawk ,either would be a very nice find.
    Les..

Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    Possibly a Longbow or a Tomahawk ,either would be a very nice find.
    Les..
    I thought the same Les but I didn't want to call it, whatever it is it doesn't appear to be modified although it has a few bumps on the stock but I can accommodate that.
    Going down tomorrow to check out.
    “An airgun or two”………

Phoned the RFD today as I couldn't visit in person.
    Appears the air rifle is a Webley Stingray .22 Cal. Made in Birmingham but Not certain as yet if its a Mk. 1 or 2.
    “An airgun or two”………

Could be wrong but I think all the brummie ones are mk1s, seem to remember the mk2 was the Turkish variant.

Webley

If its a Brum one then buy it if condition and price is ok? If Turkish then I'd leave it on the rack. Mach 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    Could be wrong but I think all the brummie ones are mk1s, seem to remember the mk2 was the Turkish variant.
    Basically yes but some parts (Mk. 1) were spirited off to Turkey and assembled there by Hatsen apparently.
    As things stand it appears to be a Mk. 1 but you never know.
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Phoned the RFD today as I couldn't visit in person.
    Appears the air rifle is a Webley Stingray .22 Cal. Made in Birmingham but Not certain as yet if its a Mk. 1 or 2.
    Is it going for a good price and do you fancy it??.
    I have a nice Stingray carbine in .22 cal ,that I got from Mark (Capitol bee) at one of the Boinger Bash events..
    A nice handy rifle.
    Les..

Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    Is it going for a good price and do you fancy it??.
    I have a nice Stingray carbine in .22 cal ,that I got from Mark (Capitol bee) at one of the Boinger Bash events..
    A nice handy rifle.
    Les..
    No price on it when I called but I'll try again tomorrow.
    “An airgun or two”………