Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 28 of 28

Thread: 1985 Airmasters Tune

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Dudley
    Posts
    9,116

    Airmasters

    My 77 stalker doesn't have a solid guide in the back block but a steel guide like on the venoms of the day. Mach 1.5

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Posts
    26,269
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    My 77 stalker doesn't have a solid guide in the back block but a steel guide like on the venoms of the day. Mach 1.5
    Ahh, I get you... so stage 1 maybe just a replacement guide, and stage 2, a solid guide fixed in the block...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Batley
    Posts
    1,464
    Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    Solid guide is stage 2.

    I think Maximus point was that a well fitting guide is so important, he was surprised it wasn't stage-1.. hence the conjecture on fitting a spring to suit the guide for stage 1.
    Sorry what I meant was I reckon they probably did fit a new spring guide in stage 1 but in stage 2 they state solid guide by which I took it they meant fixed guide where its fixed to the rear block?

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Posts
    26,269
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyw1987 View Post
    Sorry what I meant was I reckon they probably did fit a new spring guide in stage 1 but in stage 2 they state solid guide by which I took it they meant fixed guide where its fixed to the rear block?
    Yeah, I think you are right...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Batley
    Posts
    1,464
    Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    Yeah, I think you are right...
    Wish the prices were still the same ha

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    2,743
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    ........No bearing was added to the 85 because of the piston cut out.......
    I'm thinking the 85 is a good candidate for buttons.
    Too many airguns!

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Posts
    26,269
    Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post
    I'm thinking the 85 is a good candidate for buttons.
    for sure.. 3 buttons at 120 degrees would easily clear the rail cutout section
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Quigley Hollow, Nuneaton
    Posts
    17,107
    Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    for sure.. 3 buttons at 120 degrees would easily clear the rail cutout section
    No good Jon.

    3 buttons would put one on the cocking lever slot, 4 at 90 degrees would be better.



    All the best Mick

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Posts
    26,269
    Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    No good Jon.

    3 buttons would put one on the cocking lever slot, 4 at 90 degrees would be better.



    All the best Mick
    lol - Doh yeah, forgot about that little detail

    In my defense it was early and I'd not had my morning coffee
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Quigley Hollow, Nuneaton
    Posts
    17,107
    Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    lol - Doh yeah, forgot about that little detail

    In my defense it was early and I'd not had my morning coffee
    I'll let you off then, Jon.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Hollesley, near Woodbridge
    Posts
    2,740
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Great news that, where's my Tardis ??
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Leighton Buzzard/London
    Posts
    1,572
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    Stage 1 - 30.00
    FWB, HW35/77/80/85, Original 45
    Deburr, spring, lube, size piston head, phosphor bronze bearing on piston.
    No bearing was added to the 85 because of the piston cut out.

    Stage 2 - 45.00
    All of above plus fitting of solid guides.

    Stage 3 - 60.00
    Available on HW77 only
    All of above plus piston runs on rear PTFE bearing supported by a phosphor bronze skirt and a forward PTFE bearing, compression chamber shortened to match. Choice of stroke length. Roller bearings were used to remove torque. On our ‘race guns’ we used to set them up with an Original 75 piston seal. These were very efficient but only lasted 500 - 1000 shots.

    Thanks to RB for this info. Not bad for 1985.
    Mach 1.5
    As highlighted above, this information was originally posted by RB (= RustyBuzz=Richard Welham, 1/3 or Airmasters).

    I notice he has not been online and hasn't posted for a while, does anyone know why?

    Indeed, not bad for 1985, and RB's dad John Welham made the best fitting FT stock to match the tuning described above...

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Hollesley, near Woodbridge
    Posts
    2,740
    Quote Originally Posted by nurek View Post
    As highlighted above, this information was originally posted by RB (= RustyBuzz=Richard Welham, 1/3 or Airmasters).

    I notice he has not been online and hasn't posted for a while, does anyone know why?

    Indeed, not bad for 1985, and RB's dad John Welham made the best fitting FT stock to match the tuning described above...
    John made a stunning stock for my 124 and also tuned it, the walnut was fabulous
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •