Quote Originally Posted by foby75 View Post

My ProSport in .22 gives me the greatest shooting pleasure of all my springers. Docile firing cycle, fabulous trigger, incredibly accurate, far less fiddly to load than my TX200 .177 (which I love!) and its balance and handling are superb. Its main use is hunting.
That is the nicest wood I've ever seen on a Pro-Sport. Can I please trouble you for some higher resolution photos to do the beauty of that stock full justice?

More to the point of this thread (I've posted this elsewhere, but just in case some of you have missed it), here's a tip for those who are considering the TX over the PS due to the admittedly challenging cocking effort/ergonomics of the PS, particularly in the export version, like the one I have, which is pushing close to 15 ft-lbs:

Assuming you're right-handed, the natural inclination is to place the butt against your right hip when cocking with the left arm. This causes your left arm to reach over your upper torso, forcing your weaker shoulder muscles to do most of the work during cocking. Instead, try placing the butt on your left hip. Then, when you cock it with your left arm, do so in a rowing motion that will engage your lats and biceps more. This makes the PS a breeze to shoot all day without pain or fatigue. Until I learned this simple trick, cocking my PS was literally a pain. BTW, this technique works equally well with break barrels that have a high cocking effort.