Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vintage airgun prices Vs inflation

when i consider the value of my small collection prices seem quire static since i have bought them over the last 20 years or so,i never intended to collect but that's the same for most.i have bought well on a couple of occasions but equally i have bought not so well.i have had the enjoyment of owning,looking at and using the items i have bought and that is good enough for me as i didn't buy them as an investment.

The Scottish effect is now kicking in. A shed load of people decided they couldn't be arsed to do all the bureaucracy just to keep an "old air rifle". For well used then some auction housed are stuffed with stuff to find a home for.
    Quality collectable condition will still hold value.
    A good few collectors of old are getting exceedingly old. I think we will see a few collections for a few years coming back on the market for he next generation to enjoy.

A mint FWB Sport is a great rifle for £300 or so. A used excellent one £250. There are other excellent shooting vintage rifles to be had. What that good can be had new for that kind of money? A new AA TX isn't cheap. Loads of bargains to be had for some plinking good fun.

"Quality always sells at good prices, but worn, and well used examples dont seem to be making good money at all."

But sometimes one can find a bargain that has a ding or two and a few scratches but actually works very well. It does depend whether the buyer wants to use it. I bought an Omega a few years ago and whilst it has been knocked here and there, it works very well, is accurate and performs superbly. I am very happy to keep it and use it and have mounted a Gamo peep sight on it, which gives me excellent accuracy out to 40yds and beyond.

Rgds
    A