Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Air Arms Sidelever rifles

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    As for an AR7 with singlepoint sight in the correct mounts, I have a story; I mentioned to one of the dealers a few fairs ago that I was after one and he offered me the next one that came up. What a result! It also came with 5 tubs of Jackal pellets.

John
    I'd say that was lucky rather than a validation of their availability John...

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    I'd say that was lucky rather than a validation of their availability John...
    Lucky yes, but had I not attended and had that conversation, I would have lucked out, whereas the AR7 would have appeared at the next fair and knowing my ability to miss what is under my nose at fairs, I'd have probably walked straight past it.
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Lucky yes, but had I not attended and had that conversation, I would have lucked out, whereas the AR7 would have appeared at the next fair and knowing my ability to miss what is under my nose at fairs, I'd have probably walked straight past it.
    I agree, sometimes finding rarer requires tenacity and putting yourself out there.
    Sometimes it's being in the right place at the right time...something that can be particularly true of the sales section on here...I missed out on a Rutten Winstar HS550 by about 30 minutes on this very forum sadly.

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    Yep, paid up member of the Jackal club...

This is my AR7 only took me about 20 years to find one with the original sight and mount.
    I had an AR7 for years. My dad bought it for me when I was about 14 because he'd heard wonderous stories about the Single Point sight. Its serial number was 03043, anyone on here got it?
    After my initial burst of enthusiasm, it languished unused for ages (20+ years) before I finally sold it a couple of years ago.
    I found that it would only group with Eley Wasp pellets. Even with RWS and H&N, the accuracy was shocking, but the Eleys would form nice tight clusters.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

Here's a link to pics from the last Kempton in December.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/kiSwaB1jRfVkaMEn7

Among the huge array of airguns on offer, I can see an original Parabellum with open sights, a Woodstock with open sights, an AR7 with the correct Field front sight but missing the rear, a later Woodstock based on the Hi-Power action and a later AA Hi-Power, which I think came with open sights in a separate bag.

As for an AR7 with singlepoint sight in the correct mounts, I have a story; I mentioned to one of the dealers a few fairs ago that I was after one and he offered me the next one that came up. What a result! It also came with 5 tubs of Jackal pellets.

John
    Wow John, I've never been to Kempton but what a selection. Going off topic slightly but that toy Luger - such a memory, I'm sure I had one of those. Never forgotten all the cap guns as a kid in those carefree days when we were free to have fun... If you ever see a Baikal IZH-61 there please let me know.
    Max; looking for: Baikal IZH 61 side lever rifle

Quote Originally Posted by felix gunner View Post
    Wow John, I've never been to Kempton but what a selection. Going off topic slightly but that toy Luger - such a memory, I'm sure I had one of those. Never forgotten all the cap guns as a kid in those carefree days when we were free to have fun... If you ever see a Baikal IZH-61 there please let me know.
    I was very tempted by that toy Luger, as I had several in my early years. It was not priced and had I asked, I would have probably bought it, if the price was cheap enough.

I don't recall seeing a IZH-61 but have never looked out for one. On second thoughts, Mike Sharp may have had something similar in the past in the rack but I may be wrong.

Maybe try and make the next event on 7th April? I know it's a way from Rye but you may be lucky

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22

Cheers John, yes I must go sometime. I used to be in the militaria business and an avid collector so spent 25 odd years attending (militaria) fairs but never been to an airgun specific one.
    Max; looking for: Baikal IZH 61 side lever rifle

Quote Originally Posted by felix gunner View Post
    Cheers John, yes I must go sometime. I used to be in the militaria business and an avid collector so spent 25 odd years attending (militaria) fairs but never been to an airgun specific one.
    I think you may love Kempton as you would probably recognise some of the militaria dealers who attend as well as the airgun traders.