Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Range Anxiety

Range Anxiety

No not the EV one…. I don’t really fancy waiting around in car parks for 3 hours then overdosing on caffeine when boredom sets in

I mean Gun Range Anxiety

I haven’t been to my local club for around 18 months+

I’m going to be so rusty it’s making me anxious it’s like being the FNG all over again

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    pretend you just fitted a new scope and it needs zeroing in
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    pretend you just fitted a new scope and it needs zeroing in

Segata is online now Has not one but two workbenches in his shed
    My Home ones are out of service currently so been slowly driving me potty, never actually been to a proper range due to logistics but hoping to later in the year.
    You'll Shoot your eye out Kid
    Currently looking for an SMK/BAM B4-4 Rear sight or help modifying current one.
    Wanted Daisy Model 25 or Norica Commando in reasonable condition.

Quote Originally Posted by Segata View Post
    My Home ones are out of service currently so been slowly driving me potty, never actually been to a proper range due to logistics but hoping to later in the year.
    Same with my home range it’s reduced to around 5m at the minute as I’m having a massive clearout and move around with my tools and gear. Usually I have it setup for 6 and 10m plinking.

It’s too bloody nippy in there as well this time of year hence I’m going back to my club as it’s an indoor tunnel range the temperature stays consistent all year round and obviously unaffected with the outside weather.

It’s an old range shared with many different clubs catering for the Airgunners and powder burners.

Has two ranges the main range can be used out to 130m but we usually set it out to 55/60m for airguns and theres a second separate range as a 6-10M setup hence it’s nice to have the choice should one be busier than the other that’s as long as you bring two setups eg main range rifle and a pistol or close range rifle.

So what ? don't let it bother you.
    If you know how to shoot, you know how to shoot, If you know the range rules, then you know the range rules.
    Yes, you'll probably be a bit rusty, but that's to be expected if you haven't been for a time.

If you let it bother you, It will, If you ignore it, It won't.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    So what ? don't let it bother you.
    If you know how to shoot, you know how to shoot, If you know the range rules, then you know the range rules.
    Yes, you'll probably be a bit rusty, but that's to be expected if you haven't been for a time.

If you let it bother you, It will, If you ignore it, It won't.
    I’ll certainly be rusty, that’s for sure.

My groups usually look like I’ve brought a shotgun so I’m not that bothered

I’ll end up nattering half the night and blagging goes on clubmates gear then I can blame them for poor groups

I last visited Sandhall getting on for 10 years ago. I can’t wait to get back there, I reckon that anxiety will disappear as soon as you load up the first pellet.
    Hungarian donkey sanctuary

Get back there, Nick. You'll be fine, matey. Aim (sorry!) to simply enjoy without putting pressure on yourself and all will be good.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Go with open sights. Most shooters under 50 won't understand that they can match a scope in good light conditions, so if your performance is bad they will blame the sights FOR you, if you are on form then they will be suitably impressed.

A win-win.

Segata is online now Has not one but two workbenches in his shed
    I mostly stick to Irons atm, makes it more of a challenge and makes me think more about getting on Target.
    You'll Shoot your eye out Kid
    Currently looking for an SMK/BAM B4-4 Rear sight or help modifying current one.
    Wanted Daisy Model 25 or Norica Commando in reasonable condition.

Quote Originally Posted by Odjick29 View Post
    I last visited Sandhall getting on for 10 years ago. I can’t wait to get back there, I reckon that anxiety will disappear as soon as you load up the first pellet.
    Crikey I thought 18 months was bad but 10 years

I’d need to bring a barn door with me

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Get back there, Nick. You'll be fine, matey. Aim (sorry!) to simply enjoy without putting pressure on yourself and all will be good.
    Cheers Tone,

I’m not as rusty as I thought.

Recently got back from visiting an engineering mate this morning as I was in the area and he asked me to shoot a few of his rifles whilst I was over there which was good fun and the accuracy was superb. I was impressed with myself and the guns

Had a go on a few from his collection namely;

HW80K (was my old rifle which was previously box fresh) he’s converted it to a reduced cylinder 25mm setup it shot lovely.
    HW97K Paul short titanium jobbie in a CS700 (I’ve shot this before as another clubmate used to own it) also shot lovely.
    HW97K LSD custom job with glided setup shot nice but I preferred the previous two above.
    HW80K dooer upper shot ok but it’s night and day over the others as to be expected for pretty much standard although I think he has plans to reduce cylinder on it as well.

Been some good practice and very enjoyable morning

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Go with open sights. Most shooters under 50 won't understand that they can match a scope in good light conditions, so if your performance is bad they will blame the sights FOR you, if you are on form then they will be suitably impressed.

A win-win.
    Haha yes buddy I do like an open sight setup although I only really use them for the 10m range as the old mince pies ain’t what they used to be

Quote Originally Posted by Segata View Post
    I mostly stick to Irons atm, makes it more of a challenge and makes me think more about getting on Target.
    Irons and standing unsupported is certainly a challenge. I’ve been doing it for yonks and it’s damn good practice and certainly puts one in the zone

Anxiety can be a sod.
    Relax breathe and shoot the shit out of everything.
    Enjoy getting back on the horse.
    VAYA CON DIOS

Quote Originally Posted by gsxrman View Post
    Anxiety can be a sod.
    Relax breathe and shoot the shit out of everything.
    Enjoy getting back on the horse.
    Cheers fella,

Yes anxiety can grab me sometimes and it’s certainly got worse the last few years especially with the daily grind.

I was injecting a bit of humour regards my thread title and the EV reference but I guess subliminally it’s actually very real.