Page 109 of 109 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109
Results 1,621 to 1,632 of 1632

Thread: Spring Bash 4th and 5th May 2024

It will shampoo out (allegedly)

Captain Bongo is offline I'm not falling for this again........
    Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    It will shampoo out (allegedly)
    Forget the fake sham stuff, use the real thing.....

Segata is offline Has not one but two workbenches in his shed
    Not sure I can take Shampoo advice from the Bald lol.

In seriousness any Bash bits that need an extra pair of hands I don't mind helping with, got a fresh new large Can of Velvet Purple I'm itching to spray with as backed off Targets until the BSA gets it's Mods done.
    You'll Shoot your eye out Kid

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Bongo View Post
    Forget the fake sham stuff, use the real thing.....
    Absolutely pissing myself 🤣🤣🤣

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Oh yes, indeedy, all official now.

Got confirmation of the new job yesterday and resigned today, so all systems go!

Pretty soon I'll no longer be selling those Beemers. All the corporate fun police will be behind me and their silly, restrictive rules, practices and I.T systems.

I'll still be sorta in the bike job selling clothing and accessories, but in a much, much more relaxed environment.

Spookily enough, I'll be working in the same building that I worked in when I started selling bikes just over 25 years ago. And be under the wing of the same chap as I was all that time ago, too. It's almost like coming home......

Can't wait!
    A bit late to the congratulatory party but……. Well Done Tone .
    I know retail has its knob-heads here and there but you can say goodbye to those tyre kickers who hang about all day asking stupid questions without any intentions of buying.
    When do you start ? More importantly, have you told them you need leave for the August Bash dates?
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Oh yeah………..

……….Boing!!
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Segata is offline Has not one but two workbenches in his shed
    Going to treat my Springers to some coffee pods once the Care Workers been as they should explode nicely and hopefully smell wise keep the neighbours cats off the targets as won't hear the end of it if one gets hurt on a jagged tin or something.
    You'll Shoot your eye out Kid

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    A bit late to the congratulatory party but……. Well Done Tone .
    I know retail has its knob-heads here and there but you can say goodbye to those tyre kickers who hang about all day asking stupid questions without any intentions of buying.
    When do you start ? More importantly, have you told them you need leave for the August Bash dates?
    Thank you, Pauly. I told the GM on Tuesday. Apparently I have to give my resignation letter to the Sales Manager who was off until today, so might have a clearer idea of finish date later. Once you're going you just want to be off so I hope I don't have to hang about too long. Once I start the new job I'l get those Bash leave days booked.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    Just seen on another forum that a club (not the one I am a member of but near me) is holding a spring rifle comp
    Great I hear you all cry

They are calling it the Boinger Bash

Either we sue them for Trade Mark abuse or.....
    We send Bongo
    The damned cheek of it!

There can only be one Boinger Bash. Ours is the original and the best. It wasn't known as the Boinger Bash at the first event. That came the following year. It sorta came around courtesy of a nice chap (and BBS member) called Graham Henderson, who I used to shoot with. Those who have shot for a long time may remember his name from the 1980s FT scene. Anyway, I met with Graham again in 2014. He's a PCP man now and would refer to our beloved springers as "Boingers". It stuck. I kept referring to our gatherings as being "The Boinger Bash" and the rest is history. We have a ten years' head start, so the imposters need to re-name their event! I wonder if they are aware? Although the BBS is our community and our little World and means so much to us, they might be totally oblivious?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

flyingfish is online now I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    They should be aware as at least 1 BBS member has posted although no one has mentioned our little gathering

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery I suppose
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    They should be aware as at least 1 BBS member has posted although no one has mentioned our little gathering

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery I suppose
    Yes, I meant to mention that latter quote in my earlier post, Pete, but omitted to do so.

Our "little" gatherings may not be huge, but they've stood the test of time. Ten years now. And, seemingly, gaining popularity. And we have attendees visiting from all corners of the UK, with a decent contingent from north of the border, and even our international celebrity visitor. We'll continue to go from strength to strength. Their meet may just be a one-off.

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Oh yeah………..

……….Boing!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Willenium View Post

BOING, indeed!