Thread: How far would you go ?

How far would you go ?

This will probably be a bit long winded but bear with me ...

I am in the fortunate position of having 6 permissions locally. There are 4 farms and a couple of back gardens. Actually the back gardens are often the most enjoyable. One of which I go to around 8.00am and sit on a patio chair resting on the table with a cuppa while the owner feeds the birds. Immediately her back is turned the rats are out for breakfast, at which point I make my presence known.

Haven't been to the other one for a while but woke up to a whatsap message yesterday morning saying their building work is pretty much complete and once done, can I come around as she had 11 rats on the lawn that morning that only moved when she got within a few feet of them. To be fair, there is a ditch border on one side of the garden and I am sure the rats have been flooded out over the last few weeks which is why they are more obvious and must have got very confident with noise and people (builders) wandering around to the point they are not phased with movement.

My largest permission is shared with 3 other guys, one of which (Dave) is known for his foxing (no, not with an air rifle before anyone asks) but he also does rabbits & rats. Dave must have close to 30 permissions one of which he mentioned is a 35 mile trip each way.

That got me thinking and it turns out my 6 permissions are all within 2.9 miles of me.

So the question I want to know - how far would you or do you, go for your permissions ?

atb
    Andy

My furthest permission is roughly 30 miles one way, the nearest about 20.I live in a village in Lincolnshire and can't find anything 'on my doorstep 'for love nor money.It would depend on the permission as to how far I'd travel.l wouldn't drive an hour or more for rats in a back garden but,a large woodland etc then an hour's drive (one way)would be fine.

My own patch of ground is a 15 mile trip the other side of Exeter, I've got permission on the fields next to my garden but seldom see anything to shoot in them.

To me it all depends what's at the other end, I'd happily drive 40 miles for a serious ratting session, but maybe not for rabbits.

I have three farms near me that I permission on.
    There are not many rats ( because I keep them down).
    I would travel a good distance for a night at a waste transfer station, lots of rats.

I wouldn't travel weekly any great distance.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

My main permission is approx 25 miles away. I do have one closer which is only a few minutes drive away.
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25