Thread: Spring Bash 4th and 5th May 2024

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Bongo View Post
    Anyone got any recommendations for a local taxi firm to get me home? The Uber driver on the way down was a bit unprofessional….
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Smile Day two coming up

Yay!

Well, what a fantastic Saturday that was, as always. Great to see everyone again (sorry to hear a few couldn't make it) after our long break.

Lots of newbies once again.

Far too many special people and guns to start reeling them all off individually, but..

Waddy - I hope I managed to help a little.

Hellequin Paul - thank you for the play with those superb rifles. Although shooting the Omega and Longbow is always accompanied by a tinge of sadness as to what became of Webley. And we obviously don't know how much of a fettle your 77 has had. Maybe very little. And a perfect example of how superb these are in the 25mm format. I can still remember how stunned I was when I first shot my first one back in 1984. It's amongst the very, very finest rifles I've ever shot. DON't ever sell it.

Neil sorted the weather for us and today is looking much, much nicer than the forecasts predicted just a few dais ago, so all looking good and very excited for day two at The Bash.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

The Sun has got his hat on, hip, hip, hip, hip hooray!

Day two of Boingery Fun in the Sun coming up........

BOING!

Hellequin is offline I used to be indecisive.....
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Yay!

Well, what a fantastic Saturday that was, as always. Great to see everyone again (sorry to hear a few couldn't make it) after our long break.

Lots of newbies once again.

Far too many special people and guns to start reeling them all off individually, but..

Waddy - I hope I managed to help a little.

Hellequin Paul - thank you for the play with those superb rifles. Although shooting the Omega and Longbow is always accompanied by a tinge of sadness as to what became of Webley. And we obviously don't know how much of a fettle your 77 has had. Maybe very little. And a perfect example of how superb these are in the 25mm format. I can still remember how stunned I was when I first shot my first one back in 1984. It's amongst the very, very finest rifles I've ever shot. DON't ever sell it.

Neil sorted the weather for us and today is looking much, much nicer than the forecasts predicted just a few dais ago, so all looking good and very excited for day two at The Bash.
    Cheers Tony! I definitely won't sell that 77 mate, although I may have to admit defeat with the period scope & take Pete's advice with something 'mildot' as it really does out perform that lovely old Nikko & I'm not talented enough to be consistent with a Duplex ret.
    Anyway it was great to see you and everyone again. It's always good to see & get to try some special rifles along with some really interesting oldies. That sales table got a bit tempting today when Melv turned up though...

Back home again now after a superb weekend. As I said after my 'day release' visit last year- why the chuff did I leave it so long?

Huge thanks to Neil & Tina for putting on the bash, it really is a brilliant do.

See you all in August!
    Wyrd bið ful aræd

Quote Originally Posted by Hellequin View Post
    Cheers Tony! I definitely won't sell that 77 mate, although I may have to admit defeat with the period scope & take Pete's advice with something 'mildot' as it really does out perform that lovely old Nikko & I'm not talented enough to be consistent with a Duplex ret.
    Anyway it was great to see you and everyone again. It's always good to see & get to try some special rifles along with some really interesting oldies. That sales table got a bit tempting today when Melv turned up though...

Back home again now after a superb weekend. As I said after my 'day release' visit last year- why the chuff did I leave it so long?

Huge thanks to Neil & Tina for putting on the bash, it really is a brilliant do.

See you all in August!
    Yes, those longer targets will be made much easier with dots, Paul. Do-able with the Duplex, but a bit of a lottery initially and hard work to work out and repeat aiming points.

It's a good job that space and budget doesn't allow at the moment as I was sorely tempted with a few on the sales table, most notably Tinner's Diana 5 and Melv's Original 34.

Chippendale is offline Well stuff me, you live and learn.
    Thanks Neil and Tina for a splendid effort once again that pleases so many enthusiasts, Its all been said in the above posts.

It was good to meet all the old and new attendees, I'm sorry but I can not remember names and, faces yes but names i just can't recall. For those that can remember a few years ago, I asked members to wear the name badges that Mick provided so that I we knew who was who. I'm not suggesting that Neil does the same but could members when we meet tell me who they are, Forum name and first name and I will know.
    Apparently I spoke to Paul (Hellequin) and I didn't know yet I sold him the Relum Telly last year, It's so embarrassing for me, its not old age i have had this problem of remembering names ages.

Look forward to seeing every body at one of the next 'Bashes'
    Cheers

Melv

Chippendale

Hellequin is offline I used to be indecisive.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippendale View Post
    Thanks Neil and Tina for a splendid effort once again that pleases so many enthusiasts, Its all been said in the above posts.

It was good to meet all the old and new attendees, I'm sorry but I can not remember names and, faces yes but names i just can't recall. For those that can remember a few years ago, I asked members to wear the name badges that Mick provided so that I we knew who was who. I'm not suggesting that Neil does the same but could members when we meet tell me who they are, Forum name and first name and I will know.
    Apparently I spoke to Paul (Hellequin) and I didn't know yet I sold him the Relum Telly last year, It's so embarrassing for me, its not old age i have had this problem of remembering names ages.

Look forward to seeing every body at one of the next 'Bashes'
    Cheers

Melv

Chippendale
    Don't be embarrassed Melv, I've always been awful at remembering names to faces! No idea how I lasted as a copper
    It was just good to see you mate, and those lovely old rifles.

All the best
    Last edited by Hellequin; 06-05-2024 at 09:21 AM.
    Wyrd bið ful aræd

When I saw the gun that Nick Gibney made I was so impressed with the engineering that went into it, not knowing what it was straight away I watched the stock for movement when the first shot was taken and obviously it stayed dead still, to which I made a comment saying that the gun didn't move. It was only when I watched the next shot that I realised it had a sled system fitted, plus the scope was on a moving rail. Absolutely fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Chippendale View Post

Same here, hopeless with names, esp when there are so many people, I'd like to think it's age but always been like that

If whoever had the Diana piston & trigger for sale sees this can you pm me if you will sell the piston by it's self. I have an old Original model 50 with a damaged leather seal, if the dimensions are the same this would be great way of being able to use modern seals & get the power up a bit (currently about 7 ft/lbs ) . Thanks.

Do not sell this man any air guns no matter what he says

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by Waddy View Post
    Same here, hopeless with names, esp when there are so many people, I'd like to think it's age but always been like that

If whoever had the Diana piston & trigger for sale sees this can you pm me if you will sell the piston by it's self. I have an old Original model 50 with a damaged leather seal, if the dimensions are the same this would be great way of being able to use modern seals & get the power up a bit (currently about 7 ft/lbs ) . Thanks.

That would be me mate, we where sat next to each other at the shooting table, if you can wait until the next bash and want to bring the piston (or even the whole rifle) I'm sure we can see if the parts match up, or I'm happy to post it to you, whatever you prefer?, I'm not overly clued up on Diana's and I'm unsure what model of trigger the 50 has and if they are interchangeable (I know the T05 piston won't work with a T06 trigger) but not sure about the T01 and T05 set ups, so you may need the trigger to go with the piston anyway (if it all fits the cylinder etc), if it all fits then I'll do you a good deal, I'll keep it for you, just let me know what you want to do regarding posting or bash collection?, I'd rather the parts go cheaply to save a rifle, than be greedy, its difficult to know what to put stuff up for sometimes.
    Last edited by look no hands; 06-05-2024 at 12:56 PM.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in