Thread: Anyone converted a CO2 rifle or Multi Pump Rifle to PCP?

Anyone converted a CO2 rifle or Multi Pump Rifle to PCP?

As per the title, curious if anyone has converted a low powered CO2 or Multi pump to a PCP cylinder. I have an old Crosman 1077 and a Chinese
    Multipump that would benefit from turning into PCP Rifles even if they only produce pistol power levels.

More about getting more use from them without killing myself pumping or constantly emptying CO2 capsules.

No I will not be putting 300bar into the 1077 cylinder so no worries about that, I will get proper cylinders that will take the
    pressure. Short range plinking fun is the aim but the challenge of converting them appeals.

Cheap high pressure pump for a few seconds then some shooting fun and repeat...? Mad to even think about it?

Thanks.

Segata is online now Has not one but two workbenches in his shed
    Dunno about CO2 but did see a DIY conversion of a Daisy Powerline pumper to a PCP set up (albeit very crude) so it's feasible there.
    You'll Shoot your eye out Kid

CO2 the whole gun will be designed to work at much lower pressure & because of the way the different gasses act (CO2 becoming liquid under pressure)
    I would suspect you'll only get a fraction of the shot count from a cyl of air at that pressure

You can buy a bottle with a regulator dropping the High pressure to 1000psi.
    Getting the bottle to fit the gas tube is the difficult bit. You need a drop block.
    These drop blocks are made by people.
    You can try searching the Chinese consumer sites like Aliexpress for paintball bottles and drop blocks.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    it's less hassle and cost to just buy a cheap PCP... and the PCP will work better too..
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

I have an Air Magnum 850 that runs on a paintball tank and is 11.5 ft /lbs. You don't need anything like 300 bar for a sub 12 air rifle. If buying a paintball air bottle buy it from a UK supplier not direct from China just to be on the safe side. You will most likely need to play about with shims or belleville washers to get the power right, and maybe burst discs too as the lower ones may be too low.

There are people who do conversion kits for Crosmans, on flea bay & also try Alliance Hobby.

Do not sell this man any air guns no matter what he says

Great some options to think about and good to know something could be made to work.

Waddy using just air on that? What pressures/volume do you have? I don't need that much power I think the 1077 only
    puts out around 6 or maybe 7ft/lbs with the stock CO2? Been a while since that has seen the light of day.

I think the valves and ports will need a major rework?

Shed Tuner, manually indexed 12 shot repeater appeals for plinking fun.

Thanks guys.

Crosman already did it with the Wildfire

Have a look on the UK Chinese air rifle site, I remember about 15 years ago, there was a lot of action there, people doing conversions of the QB range to air .

https://ukchineseairgunforum.com/index.php

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by AdeC View Post
    Crosman already did it with the Wildfire
    and walther already did it with the airmagnum / rm8
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Can the Crosman be converted to bulk fill CO2? That would be straightforward snd give you more shots for less money, filling from a fire extinguisher. Maybe Archers Airguns do one?

PCP conversion sounds like a huge amount of work to do on a couple of low quality rifles. Each to their own but you could buy a pallet of CO2 bulbs for the amount of work and cash you’ll have to inject.

HPA is really dangerous and I find it a bit scary in a purpose-built quality rifle, I wouldn’t go near a $100 throwaway Crosman that’s been pimped to take it. Tubes can explode like grenades or a violent leak can turn the rifle into an unguided rocket projectile..

Back in the day when PCP’s were expensive, I converted the likes of XS/QB/TH78/79’s and an XS501. These worked well well with a drop block and regulated HPA bottle. The HPA’d Crosman 1077’s I’ve seen look a pigs ear TBH. You either need a drop block that reverses the bottle under the fore-stock, because the barrel is too short to take the length of bottle. Or a tethered bottle. As I see it you might as well buy a cheap PCP such as the Beeman Chief. I’ve seen these for £150. Basically a QB78 that’s been upgraded to take air. By the time you buy a regulated bottle and a drop block that does the job you’ve spent a load on something that looks like a bag of spanners and handles like a piano accordion.