Thread: Laminate stock.

Laminate stock.

I have recently acquired an R10TH in Black Pepper laminate.
    Fantastic gun, mega accurrate etc.
    But, the stick is sort of " sticky ".
    The question is how and with what do I clean it.
    TIA

Sounds like the whole lot got sprayed with gun oil, to make it all look new & shiny
    Isopropanol/Isopropyl alcohol of some form (glass cleaner) will clean it as will brake cleaner on a rag, sugar-soap might if you have any kicking around, any of the wet impregnated DIY hand cleaning wipes are worth a go.

R10

[QUOTE=angrybear;8303451]Sounds like the whole lot got sprayed with gun oil, to make it all look new & shiny
    Isopropanol/Isopropyl alcohol of some form (glass cleaner) will clean it as will brake cleaner on a rag, sugar-soap might if you have any kicking around, any of the wet impregnated DIY hand cleaning wipes are

Thanks , I'm just concerned I don't knacker the lacquer

Segata is online now Has not one but two workbenches in his shed
    IPA should be alright as long as you use it sparingly, just let it dry fully before handleing the stock and do not use it over any printing.
    Couple of other choices you could try first that should be laquer friendly, first which is oddest but also mildest, dishsoap and warm water, just dry well and keep off of any oiled parts as its a degreaser and then Bug and Tar remover for car paintwork, its something that should again be used sparingly but is intended to be used to remove stubborn stuff from laquered surfaces.

As with anything though always test on an inconspicuous area first so should anything go wrong its atleast somewhere its not noticeable.
    Last edited by Segata; Today at 05:51 PM. Reason: Dont type on meds kids
    You'll Shoot your eye out Kid

you wont using the above stuff