Page 107 of 107 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107
Results 1,591 to 1,602 of 1602

Thread: Spring Bash 4th and 5th May 2024

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post

On a slightly different note; Neil, I managed to make one functional one from the two Chinese S3 pistols you kindly gave me over the weekend. Now doing 1.25 ft/lbs and 3/4" groups at 9 ft (Man cave range c-to-c). Mind you, I've quite a long reach. The other is stripped to donor parts (just debating whether to spend money on parts to resurrect it)
    I have another in bits. The sears have had too much ground off trying to reduce trigger weight. You can have that one.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    Thanks Will.

Hope that powerhouse springer you're now in possession of does the job.
    I'm very pleased with it. It's perfect for what I want it for. Many thanks for bringing it

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    And are you saying "the other Ray" is still a cult?
    A cult he may be, but we'd not have him any other way eh

Oh yes, indeedy, all official now.

Got confirmation of the new job yesterday and resigned today, so all systems go!

Pretty soon I'll no longer be selling those Beemers. All the corporate fun police will be behind me and their silly, restrictive rules, practices and I.T systems.

I'll still be sorta in the bike job selling clothing and accessories, but in a much, much more relaxed environment.

Spookily enough, I'll be working in the same building that I worked in when I started selling bikes just over 25 years ago. And be under the wing of the same chap as I was all that time ago, too. It's almost like coming home......

Can't wait!
    Congrats on the new job. Sounds like it's finally going to be the right environment for you going forward

Quote Originally Posted by Neil54 View Post
    I have another in bits. The sears have had too much ground off trying to reduce trigger weight. You can have that one.
    Thank you. Maybe I could bring them back next bash to let attendees do some can bashing?

Oh yes, indeedy, all official now.

Got confirmation of the new job yesterday and resigned today, so all systems go!

Pretty soon I'll no longer be selling those Beemers. All the corporate fun police will be behind me and their silly, restrictive rules, practices and I.T systems.

I'll still be sorta in the bike job selling clothing and accessories, but in a much, much more relaxed environment.

Spookily enough, I'll be working in the same building that I worked in when I started selling bikes just over 25 years ago. And be under the wing of the same chap as I was all that time ago, too. It's almost like coming home......

Can't wait!
    Nice one mate. Brilliant news!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Waddy View Post
    Cheers chaps, can't believe how many pellets & how much alcohol I went through Defo best bunch of guys you could ever meet.

Definitely a gathering thats not good for the liver!!! But......once youve been to one its extremely tempting to attend more. Good to meet you

Segata is offline Has not one but two workbenches in his shed
    It'd take blind drunk to a whole new level.
    You'll Shoot your eye out Kid

I didn't know you was looking for a change in jobs Tony. I hope you enjoy it.
    I used to deliver tyres to a motorbike accessory shop just off j35 of the M1 in the late 80's.

Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    He’s not a cult mate, he’s THE cult 😎

THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Thank you for all those kind words, peeps.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Just one though…….

I’ve made it as far as the new forest, but I’m knackered so have found a spot to stop for the night. A few hours kip should see me right for tomorrow. I’m glad I have my performance tyres on, as Neil won’t be there to pull me off in the morning.

Thank you Neil and Tina for another great event, see you soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Congrats Tony, sounds like a job you can enjoy for a change.

Boing!
    Guessing you're well and truly safely home now then, Nick?

Great to see you once again; twice on the bounce, eh?

And thank you for those little prezzies......I'm sure those nice little top hats will come in useful at some point. And I didn't spot the little pots of BumSlide until later on the Sunday, so grabbed a couple of those also.

Quote Originally Posted by Waddy View Post
    Can someone confirm the date for the August Bash so I can book the day off work please.

Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    August third and fourth mate
    Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    As Baldinio Chris says above - 3/4 August. I’m glad you’re making a return and I’m guessing like the majority of us, we’ve continually returned since our first visit. Addictive innit !! You couldn’t ask for a better bunch of good people.

Signature now updated, peeps.

flyingfish is online now I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Just seen on another forum that a club (not the one I am a member of but near me) is holding a spring rifle comp
    Great I hear you all cry

They are calling it the Boinger Bash

Either we sue them for Trade Mark abuse or.....
    We send Bongo
    Pete