Thread: BSA r10 lightened hammer

BSA r10 lightened hammer

Recently picked up a nice rten and I’m thinking about fitting a lighter hammer and shorter spring to up the shot count by reducing bounce, this rifle is within 3fps over 10 shots so nice and consistent at the moment and I don’t want to mess for nothing.

Looking for feedback on people’s experience with the lighter hammer really, it’s a .177 super carbine.

If it where mine and I was getting great consistency, personally I would leave well alone
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    If it where mine and I was getting great consistency, personally I would leave well alone
    Yes I really am on the fence bud i mean it’s not worth messing for potentially 10 more shots per fill but messing up the consistency, if it were able to get a fair few more shots per fill tho I’m all for it as I can revert back if it’s not as consistent I suppose.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    ditto....
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    ditto....
    Noted bud it did make me think it could make it worse, just thought if people have had amazing results it’s worth a shot but don’t want to make it worse and pay to do it ha.

Is it farting ?
    R10’s are really wasteful in standard trim and its well worthwhile fixing the horrid hammerbounce.

Tom Nelson aka rancid tom offers a bespoke hammer and if you search xtx on Utube you’ll find Darrins advice and he used a hammer from an older scorpion or something as well as lightning the original. With a well setup hammer you gain loads of shots and from memory my old r10 .177 went from 125 to 165
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

If it's reliable, consistent and the shot count is sufficient, personally I'm with Dave and Jon and would leave well alone for now.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!