Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bash dates for your calendar 2024

Bash dates for your calendar 2024

May 4th and 5th

August 3rd and 4th

September 7th and 8th (I had originally put October 12th and 13th but October was a washout last year)

First of all an apology to Gary, I did say the bash wouldn't be the first weekend in May as he could not make it. Fate has intervened and Gary can now make this weekend.

Our calendar at home filled up really quick and we are so busy in July I couldn't really hold a bash. I went for August and October originally but as I said before, October was a complete washout and the field turns boggy.

Look forward to seeing you all there.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Well done Neil and Thank You.

I’ve just checked my diary and it appears I’m Retired for the rest of my life so, I should be able to make them all

I see May 6th is a Bank Holiday so that might help some people attend.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Thanks Neil
    Just need to sort the time off now
    Pete

Thanks for the heads up Neil.

Segata is offline Has not one but two workbenches in his shed
    August deffo sounds good although I suppose I'd better bring Cake if I can go as it's my birthday on the 1st, doubt I'll be lucky to get a new Gun for it though.
    You'll Shoot your eye out Kid

Yay! Nice one, Neil. May date okay. Will try and book those others.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

one day i will get to one of these great events

CLOGGER is offline Ex proud Yorkshireman, Now soft southern shandy drinker
    Quote Originally Posted by rapidresponse1 View Post
    one day i will get to one of these great events
    Well worth the effort of travelling, if you can make it for the full weekend

Neil - can you change the August dates please?
    It's my Ruby Wedding Anniversary on the 4th, and I have a hotel booked in the Lake District with the current Mrs Clogger where we spent our honeymoon
    I suppose I could always cancel the hotel room

See you all in May then

Regards, Alastair

Back to the top for those who may have missed this thread.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

These are great events. This is the bash's 11th year, people who have been thinking of going for years, but haven't, just do it, you'll love it
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

Thanks Neil, i had missed the thread but Terry had given a heads up on the dates. I'll be able to make them all with any luck. I'm off work for August and will have to extend that to go back to work the second week in September!!!! Damn !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    These are great events. This is the bash's 11th year, people who have been thinking of going for years, but haven't, just do it, you'll love it
    You're not wrong mate. People don't know what theyre missing!!!!

They truly are fantastic events.

The recipe and ethos has proven itself so many times over these last eleven years.

Informal meets where lots of like-minded people can gather in relaxed, picturesque surroundings. As long as you're safe and your guns legal, virtually anything goes.....just shoot your own guns for the day / weekend. Pellet test. Zero. Try other people's guns. Talk airguns, pellets, techniques, tuning, repairs, accessories, talk non-airgun related......visit for the day, come for a few days and camp or stay in a local hotel / b&b.......the weekend can be whatever you make it.

The main thing is to just get along to your first Bash somehow. And the vast majority who do that make lots and lots of subsequent visits.

For the die-hard Boinger Bash "Boingerati", these events are the highlights of our calendars.

Mick well and truly kept the flame going for us for all those years at Quigley Hollow and set the mould. Unframed Dave did us proud and kept it going for us in that first Covid year. And now Neil has picked up where those other fine chaps left off and runs a superb, exquisitely organised event in picturesque countryside in the heart of England at Quigley Bottom.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Lightbulb Plus..

And many of us have said it many times before.......

So many strong friendships have been forged through the Boinger Bash events. Proper, strong friendships that endure and stand the test of time. Many of the Boingerati meet or converse away from the Bash meets themselves. No surprise, really, when you're talking about such a coming together of nice, genuine and friendly people who are all willing to share and help their fellow boingerers.

Communicating over the forum alone can be, and is, great but there's nothing quite like meeting people face to face and sharing this wonderful hobby of ours amongst passionate and friendly people.

Hellequin is offline I used to be indecisive.....
    I'll second that. My first Bash was last year, just for the day but I absolutely loved it. Why, why, WHY did I wait so long?

See you in May
    Wyrd bið ful aræd