Page 62 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring Bash 4th and 5th May 2024

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott. View Post
    Apologies Paul I missed this post, thank's for that info,
    Ahhh I'll bring the ralgex spray and CBD cream then

[EDIT]
    And no matter what Nick Stanning says I will not offer to rub cream on anybody's body no matter how much I drink
    Don’t forget the Senatogen and Tenna for Men

The first time I met Nick, he and Captain Bongo took me into Micks (T20) barn and made me watch them abuse my HW77
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Morning Boing
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Segata is offline Has not one but two workbenches in his shed
    Boing, been suffering with aches and agitation again, did however finish the 90's Black Widow and found I liked doing it so have just now started on the 00s one after originally just planning to leave it stock.
    If I'm awake during daylight and the grounds firm I'll start getting framework out in the Garden finally been really missing shooting the outside only Guns of late so it's about time.
    You'll Shoot your eye out Kid

Quote Originally Posted by Hellequin View Post
    I'm a Friday peep and feeling left out...

Ah, don't you be feeling left out, Paul. You're most definitely one of us now.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott. View Post
    Cheers Tony, honestly mate once you get your glasses the difference is unbelievable I still struggle with how well I can see.

Ive started getting things sorted out already, as the old saying goes my arse is nipping for it
    Cheers, Scott.

You are going to love it at The Bash.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Waddy View Post
    Put the destination into Waze, (the best & free phone sat nav app,) and it turns out I'm better off avoiding the M1 completely, either via the A1 or down the A15 via Lincolnshire
    .... So I won't be going to Nandos after all . Bugger. Probably a KFC then . I take it the venue is the second gate that goes down a track next to the train line ?
    As a seasoned traveller......when I saw you mention the M1 I did question myself as to whether I ought to suggest a different route. And you may have had your own reasons for choosing the M1...I've not used the M1 for this run, though, so didn't want to meddle......

However, now that you're looking at different routes (and, honestly, this is easy peasy), go down the A1. Then take the A46 towards Leicester. Personally I don't take the first exit to Melton Mowbray (A606?), but the one after it. The exit comes up on you fairly quickly but you're basically exiting the A46 at the Nottingham Go Kart track. The venue is then about 1.5-2 miles on the right hand side, just after Carrier Landscapes. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    If so I was winding up Craig and Ray was winding up Daz

Naughty boys.

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Morning Boing
    Morning Pauly and all.

Sleepometer says 20 to go for the Saturday peeps.

Nineteen for the Friday arrivees and eighteen for those lucky to be arriving on the Thursday.

BOING!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    As a seasoned traveller......when I saw you mention the M1 I did question myself as to whether I ought to suggest a different route. And you may have had your own reasons for choosing the M1...I've not used the M1 for this run, though, so didn't want to meddle......

However, now that you're looking at different routes (and, honestly, this is easy peasy), go down the A1. Then take the A46 towards Leicester. Personally I don't take the first exit to Melton Mowbray (A606?), but the one after it. The exit comes up on you fairly quickly but you're basically exiting the A46 at the Nottingham Go Kart track. The venue is then about 1.5-2 miles on the right hand side, just after Carrier Landscapes. Hope this helps.
    There are other intersections quite close if you miss it so just double back.
    I try to use the M1 then go off piste from Kegworth and invariably get the intersection South of the go carts.No worries, also once you get to carrier landscapes, Neils Bash sign is almost straight opposite.
    The more I think I know, the more I realise the less I know.

There are roadworks about on the A46.
    You may have to come off at the A606.
    I will have a look the week before.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

Quote Originally Posted by Dornfelderliebe View Post
    There are other intersections quite close if you miss it so just double back.
    I try to use the M1 then go off piste from Kegworth and invariably get the intersection South of the go carts.No worries, also once you get to carrier landscapes, Neils Bash sign is almost straight opposite.
    Cheers for that, kind sir. Yep, as I suppose is the case with so many places, many destinations can be accessed by multiple routes. Always nice to have more than one up your sleeve.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil54 View Post
    Brilliant information. Thanks for that, Neil. If you could keep us updated, that'd be great.

Last year, when you held one of the Bashes in the field near the church, I exited the A46 on the A606 exit and could see, a few miles down that road, where you could turn right to go back towards Carrier / the Bash site. It's very nice and scenic around there.....

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Neil54 View Post
    Thanks for the heads up chaps, I was thinking M1 because the wifes family are around Kimberly nr Nottingham & I know it, but the M1 is awful, four lanes of chaos, then when I looked into how far east the Bash is it became clear that by taking the M1 I'm going way out of the way. Hopefully those road works will be gone by the Bash.

Just got the really big decisions to make now, like what beer to bring.
    Do not sell this man any air guns no matter what he says

Quote Originally Posted by Waddy View Post
    Thanks for the heads up chaps, I was thinking M1 because the wifes family are around Kimberly nr Nottingham & I know it, but the M1 is awful, four lanes of chaos, then when I looked into how far east the Bash is it became clear that by taking the M1 I'm going way out of the way. Hopefully those road works will be gone by the Bash.

Just got the really big decisions to make now, like what beer to bring.
    Bring all the beer. You can thank me later ����������

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    Or how much Nick pleads?
    That's probably where it started,,,, because I wouldn't