Page 74 of 117 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1752

Thread: Spring Bash 4th and 5th May 2024

  1. #1096
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Retford, Notts
    Posts
    35,583
    You naughty lad!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

  2. #1097
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    645
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    On a slightly more serious note.......I'm not a PCP aficionado. But they're still airguns. And I love ALL airguns. Boingers, pump-ups, CO2 and, well, yes, PCPs. And I don't mind if they're cheapy little budget basic ones or finely engineered supreme instruments of fine precision. But what our sport / hobby needs is for us to stick together. To be united against any pressure from the anti-brigade, and what we don't need are more divisions. Shooters, too, come in all different shapes, sizes, ages and levels of experience and we must welcome everyone in and make them feel a valued part of our wonderful community.

    But BOINGERS IS STILL BEST
    Lol I must admit that even though I love my springers (and I really do love them, but not in the I want one of you f'ing springer deviants in my tent when Im drunk kinda way)
    Im an underdog kinda guy so when the PCP vs Springer banters kicks off on the FB groups I always side with the PCP and call out the springer lads,, but they know Im taking the piss too

    But debate sides aside, as longs as someone is pulling a tigger and having fun Im 100% behind them

  3. #1098
    tinbum's Avatar
    tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Daarn Saaarf!
    Posts
    19,588
    Itís a small world!

    Iíve been searching for a pannier set to fit my Ď92 Moto Guzzi for a while now. No more than ten minutes ago I found, paid for and arranged collection of a Givi set of boxes and hangars in Castle Donnington!

    Springer karma I tells ya!
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

  4. #1099
    flyingfish's Avatar
    flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Luton
    Posts
    3,042
    It would never happen to a pcp shooter
    Pete

  5. #1100
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    645
    Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Itís a small world!

    Iíve been searching for a pannier set to fit my Ď92 Moto Guzzi for a while now. No more than ten minutes ago I found, paid for and arranged collection of a Givi set of boxes and hangars in Castle Donnington!

    Springer karma I tells ya!
    It's the communal sex appeal for sprayer shooters Nick....
    But, pisstake aside get a lottery ticket on cos that's some pretty good luck you have

  6. #1101
    NewPaul's Avatar
    NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Coleford
    Posts
    7,128
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    On a slightly more serious note.......I'm not a PCP aficionado. But they're still airguns. And I love ALL airguns. Boingers, pump-ups, CO2 and, well, yes, PCPs. And I don't mind if they're cheapy little budget basic ones or finely engineered supreme instruments of fine precision. But what our sport / hobby needs is for us to stick together. To be united against any pressure from the anti-brigade, and what we don't need are more divisions. Shooters, too, come in all different shapes, sizes, ages and levels of experience and we must welcome everyone in and make them feel a valued part of our wonderful community.

    But BOINGERS IS STILL BEST
    I agree. I’m with you all the way there Tone.
    Following on from your subsequent post regarding the “deadness” of PCP’s, I understand that as my first experience was exactly the same, however, I have changed my view on them……………

    …….. As you know my first air rifle back in 2015 was an HW77 and I saw no reason at the time why I would need anything else . I bought it in the June, attended my first Bash in the September and was invited by Chris (Baldinio) to join him for a bit of rabbit hunting up in Middlesbrough which I did in the November.
    At some point during the day, Chris offered me a shoot with his PCP, an AA S410 I think ? I knew nothing about PCP’s at that time. So, I had a shoot (at a tree or something) with it and I immediately said “I don’t like that”. It felt like a toy and as you say… ‘dead’. Anyway, a few hours later after stalking around we sat for a rest, Chris placed a small cigar tin in a tree for us to plink at. He was hitting it with every shot and I couldn’t manage a hit with my 77 so he said “have a go with this” and handed me the S410 again………. And…… ding,ding,ding I never missed. With a big grin, I looked at Chris and said “I want one of these”
    I went on to shoot my first rabbit that day with the PCP (with the help of a ten foot branch as you’ll recall Tone )
    I have two PCP’s now but I’ve never taken one to a Bash. I only ever took them to my club/range to either zero or pellet test. However, over the years, they are the tools I go to when ratting, rabbiting or squirrel shooting.
    Springers however are much, much more fun and satisfying to shoot IMO.
    Last edited by NewPaul; 25-04-2024 at 01:27 AM.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

  7. #1102
    NewPaul's Avatar
    NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Coleford
    Posts
    7,128
    May as well do a morning Boing while Iím here

    Good night.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

  8. #1103
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    St Helens
    Posts
    1,030
    Morning people this time next week

  9. #1104
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Retford, Notts
    Posts
    35,583
    Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    I agree. I’m with you all the way there Tone.
    Following on from your subsequent post regarding the “deadness” of PCP’s, I understand that as my first experience was exactly the same, however, I have changed my view on them……………

    …….. As you know my first air rifle back in 2015 was an HW77 and I saw no reason at the time why I would need anything else . I bought it in the June, attended my first Bash in the September and was invited by Chris (Baldinio) to join him for a bit of rabbit hunting up in Middlesbrough which I did in the November.
    At some point during the day, Chris offered me a shoot with his PCP, an AA S410 I think ? I knew nothing about PCP’s at that time. So, I had a shoot (at a tree or something) with it and I immediately said “I don’t like that”. It felt like a toy and as you say… ‘dead’. Anyway, a few hours later after stalking around we sat for a rest, Chris placed a small cigar tin in a tree for us to plink at. He was hitting it with every shot and I couldn’t manage a hit with my 77 so he said “have a go with this” and handed me the S410 again………. And…… ding,ding,ding I never missed. With a big grin, I looked at Chris and said “I want one of these”
    I went on to shoot my first rabbit that day with the PCP (with the help of a ten foot branch as you’ll recall Tone )
    I have two PCP’s now but I’ve never taken one to a Bash. I only ever took them to my club/range to either zero or pellet test. However, over the years, they are the tools I go to when ratting, rabbiting or squirrel shooting.
    Springers however are much, much more fun and satisfying to shoot IMO.
    Brilliant post, Pauly.

    However, did naughty Chris never come clean and tell you that he'd fiddled with your 77's scope turrets to ensure those misses and seal the PCP "superiority"?????

    Joking aside, our quarry deserves a clean, clinical kill and, if I still hunted, I may feel differently. "Back in the day" I never felt at a disadvantage with a springer, though, relying on fieldcraft to get within range for that guaranteed clean kill . I do appreciate, however, that different shoots / terrain present different challenges.

    If I were ever to compete it wouldn't be for silverware. Only for fun and to better myself. And there'd be springer classes anyway, so no disadvantage there.

    The main scenario I could see the advantage would be when using the multi shot PCP if undertaking ratting duties if the place was crawling with loads of them.

    But, as said. It's got a trigger. And it's an airgun. So gotta love 'em.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

  10. #1105
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Retford, Notts
    Posts
    35,583
    Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    May as well do a morning Boing while Iím here

    Good night.

    BOING!

    Morning!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

  11. #1106
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Retford, Notts
    Posts
    35,583
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluefan View Post
    Morning people this time next week
    Morning, Gav.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

  12. #1107
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    middlesbrough
    Posts
    8,922
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluefan View Post
    Morning people this time next week
    Yes Gav, only a week to go
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

  13. #1108
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Retford, Notts
    Posts
    35,583

    Cool And into single figures we go.

    Quote Originally Posted by Willenium View Post


    BOING!

    Oh yes, indeedy, Good People of The Springer Gathering.......

    Only nine sleeps to go for the Saturday people.

    And, as Gav and Dave say, just one week, ONE WEEK, for you lucky, lucky Thursday peeps.

    BOING!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

  14. #1109
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Retford, Notts
    Posts
    35,583
    Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    It’s a small world!

    I’ve been searching for a pannier set to fit my ‘92 Moto Guzzi for a while now. No more than ten minutes ago I found, paid for and arranged collection of a Givi set of boxes and hangars in Castle Donnington!

    Springer karma I tells ya!
    Absolutely; very nicely done, sir.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

  15. #1110
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Retford, Notts
    Posts
    35,583
    And yes, Pauly, we'll never forget that tale about the rabbit and the long branch.:
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •