Thread: I need an air pistol collected and delivered to my RFD.

I need an air pistol collected and delivered to my RFD.

I need an air pistol collected from a seller and delivered to my RFD.
    Neither have Parcelforce accounts so they can't book a collection / delivery.
    Anybody know of a business that offer this kind of collection / delivery ?

Segata is online now Has not one but two workbenches in his shed
    You could try a localised courier to the area I guess, Everi and Yodel will not touch Air Guns so they are out, failing that could see if a member here is willing for some beers or something.
    You'll Shoot your eye out Kid

An air pistol from a private seller can be sent direct to your home from any Post Office tracked using RMSD, it's in their rules under "guns for sporting use"

Parcelforce 48 is for rifles usually too big for Royal Mail, no Business account is needed
    Last edited by angrybear; 27-02-2024 at 03:06 PM.

Where is it coming from?
    Mainland UK?
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

It's a new gun and is with the UK importer, (Mainland UK), it needs to go to my RFD, the importer doesn't retails guns so isn't set up for retail distribution.
    I understand PF wont accept it at the counter, they will collect but a collection can only be booked by a PF account holders.

Quote Originally Posted by rapidboy1 View Post
    It's a new gun and is with the UK importer, (Mainland UK), it needs to go to my RFD, the importer doesn't retails guns so isn't set up for retail distribution.
    I understand PF wont accept it at the counter, they will collect but a collection can only be booked by a PF account holders.

Where is Ards ? I can't find it in my road atlas.
    Last edited by angrybear; 27-02-2024 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    if they're the importer how do they usually ship them ???? They must be set up for normal wholesale delivery to their customers

If they don't have a business account, which i find implausible , then it will need to be sent as if by "a member of the public"
    which for a pistol is from a post office counter using rmsd all 100% legal, yes it might need to go c/o your rfd for you to collect to cover their backside.

Without a business account afaik royal mail is the only legal carrier.
    if the member lives in newtownards, it will def need to go rfd,due to licence needed for ni. Otherwise the above is correct.I LIVED UP IN BENFORD PK, UNTILL 1999.

Yep just changed the post I thought it was Scotland but not listed, & google maps gave 5 or 6 pins across NI & ROI which is rather confusing.

Should still be via Royal Mail though, but marked "surface mail do not fly"

It's NI not ROI, it needs to go to my RFD.
    The UK importer usually deals with section 5 stuff so they are collected and delivered by a sec 5 courier hence no PF / retail delivery accounts.
    I have used that courier in the past but aside from cost it can take 6-9 months for delivery.
    As this is an air pistol it can come by post.
    PF deliver airguns, rimfires and shotguns to RFD without a problem but they are always booked by the wholesale or rfd at the other end.

Segata is online now Has not one but two workbenches in his shed
    Guessing RFD is Mainland then and I do get what you're saying RM/PF have said they can't collect it and importer is not able to have someone take it in, guessing RFD cannot assist either? I know the likes of Pellpax have drivers that do go over to the likes of NI and IoW but I don't think they do pick ups from non RFDs.
    Would they release the Gun to a forum member to transport it or do they need it done on a business level?
    You'll Shoot your eye out Kid

It's NI not ROI, it needs to go to my RFD.
    The UK importer usually deals with section 5 stuff so they are collected and delivered by a sec 5 courier hence no PF / retail delivery accounts.
    I have used that courier in the past but aside from cost it can take 6-9 months for delivery.
    As this is an air pistol it can come by post.
    PF deliver airguns, rimfires and shotguns to RFD without a problem but they are always booked by the wholesale or rfd at the other end.
    It does not HAVE to be PF, if it fits RM size limits it can be sent RM minimum 1st class, but without an account it must be sent from a Post Office.
    so RMSD with the basic £500 insurance is perfect, just mark it "surface mail do not fly" they can do it all on line & just drop it at the local PO.
    Last edited by angrybear; 28-02-2024 at 12:04 AM.

It can't go via RM, it needs to be collected and delivered by PF.
    Im looking for someone who has a PF account who can arrange it, preferably an RFD.

Your local RFD should be able to do that.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

My local RFD doesn't have a PF account.

My local RFD doesn't have a PF account.
    Try and find your nearest RFD that does.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)