Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HW99s How many Stock varients?

HW99s How many Stock varients?

Since I've acquired my 99s I've seen at least three different stocks, one of them plain, one, like mine with minimal checkering/stippling, and one with more. How many are there?

Toni

A few..i can think of at least 5. Let's not forget they first appeared around 1994 so there have been some changes. Mach 1.5

According to the serial numbers, mine was manufactured in 2018.

Toni

ive seen a few different ones over the years

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Here’s another two

[IMG] [/IMG]
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Ones I can think of...
    1. Plain stock
    2. 'Sad face' pattern on forward grip panels.
    3. Stippled and chequered panels.
    4. Minelli made stock with cutaway rear underside.
    5. 'AR'? made stock as above.

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Here’s another two

[IMG] [/IMG]
    Saw those in your video , very envious.

Also, mine has a 12 inch barrel. When I look up specs it's described as having a 15 inch barrel. It doesn't look to have been shortened as the pronounced grooves for the foresight are there.
    Have I been looking at the wrong specs?

Are you measuring from breach to muzzle ?

HW95 barrel specs

Quote Originally Posted by ToniD View Post
    Also, mine has a 12 inch barrel. When I look up specs it's described as having a 15 inch barrel. It doesn't look to have been shortened as the pronounced grooves for the foresight are there.
    This may help & is probably too much. My 95 specs.

Moderator weighs 4.32 oz, 122.6 g, 1892 gr. Barrel without moderator = 12.188”, (12-3/16”, 309.575 mm), from thread end to breech block end. Moderator is 6” long. Female threads start 2.1” in from beveled end of Moderator. Thread is 3/4" long & 1/2" diameter with 20 threads per inch. Barrel length = 15.75”, 400 mm, from end of moderator to breech block end. HW95 barrel is 16 mm diameter & rifle twist rate is 1:16. block end. HW95L total rifle length = 41.875”, 1063.625 mm, from end of moderator to butt center. Rifle is 29”, 736.6 mm, from end of moderator to end of compression tube.

Some 99's do come with the factory 12 inch screw cut barrel. Myself and oldskool have done this topic to death on threads about the 99 on this forum. Mach 1.5

As landymick says where are you measuring Toni?

If you measure the muzzle to the barrel at the end of the block it’s around 12” but if you measure it correctly muzzle to the start of the block (breech) eg where you put the pellet in, the length will be more like 15.5” actual barrel length.

Since I've acquired my 99s I've seen at least three different stocks, one of them plain, one, like mine with minimal checkering/stippling, and one with more. How many are there?

Toni
    As mentioned above there’s been quite a few stocks fitted to the 99s over the years.

The really early ones had the forestock cut off like Weihrauchs of old showing the breech block then they went to the full length breech covered version in plain then the chequering then logo and chequering versions then the swirly type chequering and logos then the version with the rear bench bag type cutout plus over the last few years there’s been different versions of the same stock eg the two letters version and the Minnelli version etc.

They also used to have stamped breech blocks like many other Weihrauchs but succumbed to the more modern white laser etching like many other Weihrauchs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    Some 99's do come with the factory 12 inch screw cut barrel. Myself and oldskool have done this topic to death on threads about the 99 on this forum. Mach 1.5
    As Paul says there’s quite a few threads on the 99s but everyday is school day well yesterday was a school day for me

A visit to Paul’s (Mach) he showed me one of his HW99s with a factory screwcut 12” barrel and smooth block (no opens holes) which confirms it was hull cartridge factory supplied and although I’ve had dozens of HW99s over the years I’ve always had to use the HW50K barrel as I’ve never found or seen a K 99s version but they are out there even though Hull cartridge (the official Weihrauch importers) were useless when I last enquired

Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolzzz View Post
    As landymick says where are you measuring Toni?

If you measure the muzzle to the barrel at the end of the block it’s around 12” but if you measure it correctly muzzle to the start of the block (breech) eg where you put the pellet in, the length will be more like 15.5” actual barrel length.
    Duh, you're right Nick. I didn't think to measure from there. I did say that I was new to this Thanks all for clearing that up for me. I'm sure there will be more stupid questions along as soon as I can think of them..
    Oh and it doesn't have a moderator.
    I have a lot to learn.
    Last edited by ToniD; 27-02-2024 at 09:01 AM.