Thread: Air arms SE90

Air arms SE90

Hi all, trying to be more active on the forums rather than just reading.

I have recently acquired a rather rough left handed .22 se90.
    It has been taken out the stock and rubbed down with all rust removed now.

Needs to be reblued and serviced. Can anyone recommend a suitable person to carry this work out or point me in the direction of a good strip down guide and service parts?

Any and all help is greatly received.

think some of the seals are available but some parts are hard to find, an email to airarms with the serial number might bear fruit
    The only person to get anything done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

Already gave them a shout to understand what the rifle was.
    Unfortunately they no longer have any parts and did not suggest they had seals!
    Is there any tuners who could take a look?

Try airarmsspares.com

Julian is an independent and may be able to help.

Do you have a chrono'? I'd check it first, it might just need a service, which would be easier.

Air Arms spares dept, if in a good mood, used to email schematics upon enquiry. I got one for my ex88.

Re-blue? Paul Chell operates on the AGF and does a good job. Depending upon your polishing skills, there are trade chemical blackers. Shaun at ISP does a full blacking, in fact, he'd probably do the whole kit and caboodle, but it'll be costly.

Quote Originally Posted by Osc88 View Post
    Already gave them a shout to understand what the rifle was.
    Unfortunately they no longer have any parts and did not suggest they had seals!
    Is there any tuners who could take a look?
    I think you'll find that the piston uses a standard sized O ring as a piston seal, which on a tap loader would be the only seal required for a service.

All the best Mick

JerryD is offline Will only use cherry lipbalm
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    Try airarmsspares.com

Julian is an independent and may be able to help.

Do you have a chrono'? I'd check it first, it might just need a service, which would be easier.

Air Arms spares dept, if in a good mood, used to email schematics upon enquiry. I got one for my ex88.

Re-blue? Paul Chell operates on the AGF and does a good job. Depending upon your polishing skills, there are trade chemical blackers. Shaun at ISP does a full blacking, in fact, he'd probably do the whole kit and caboodle, but it'll be costly.
    Paul Chell: try Ozgood on here, he may answer. Last time he did a gun for me it was £95.
    Jerry

as above

Only one seal and that's the piston O ring, all very standard.

Springs, I fitted a titan, cut down, and it works fine

The trigger and bear trap mech is a little complicated to the uninitiated but provided you take care on strip down and note where everything goes it's fine.

No idea on reblueing

When you reassemble fit the sear spring after the two sears. Fit the trigger spring and pin last.
    "But we have our own dream and our own task. We are with Europe, but not of it. We are linked, but not comprised. We are interested and associated, but not absorbed."
    Winston Churchill 1930

I was sent an SE90 stock last year to repair, refinish and rechequer. When I'd finished the stock, the owner was over the moon so he decided to get the action reblued ( which was done by Paul Chell ) and asked me if I knew anyone who could make it nicer to shoot. There was also a repair to be done to the tap ( the inside plastic retainer bit had broken ).
    I had a chat with my mate, Nick Simmons ( Simmo on here ) and he told me he did a parachute seal conversion on these older AA rifles which makes a marked difference and could also sort the tap issue.
    The rifle was an absolute dream to use when Nick had done his work - he would be my first choice. If you need his details, drop me a PM.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Happy new year to all!

Thankyou for the replies everyone some good info there.

Will be getting in touch with some of the names mentioned here and keep you all updated to where I get with this project. I have a bunch of o rings on order and will be taking a look inside this weekend

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post
    I was sent an SE90 stock last year to repair, refinish and rechequer. When I'd finished the stock, the owner was over the moon so he decided to get the action reblued ( which was done by Paul Chell ) and asked me if I knew anyone who could make it nicer to shoot. There was also a repair to be done to the tap ( the inside plastic retainer bit had broken ).
    I had a chat with my mate, Nick Simmons ( Simmo on here ) and he told me he did a parachute seal conversion on these older AA rifles which makes a marked difference and could also sort the tap issue.
    The rifle was an absolute dream to use when Nick had done his work - he would be my first choice. If you need his details, drop me a PM.
    I've just acquired this on Sunday and I'm over the moon with it. Would you have said this was a walnut stock or a nicely figured beech?
    https://postimg.cc/LqrsgXtX
    Last edited by Leepelletb; 05-03-2024 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leepelletb View Post
    I've just acquired this on Sunday and I'm over the moon with it. Would you have said this was a walnut stock or a nicely figured beech?
    https://postimg.cc/LqrsgXtX
    Definitely walnut

Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post
    Definitely walnut
    Thank you.
    So gun is a deluxe then? Guessing stock is the only difference 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by Leepelletb View Post
    Thank you.
    So gun is a deluxe then? Guessing stock is the only difference 🤔
    I've not a clue when it comes to these older Air Arms rifles to be honest mate. The 'AA Anorak' site ( by Steve/Rotherham Owl ) might be able to shed some further light on it for you.