Thread: hw 97k trigger adjustment

hw 97k trigger adjustment

hi all im after some advise on adjusting a trigger on a friends hw 97k, at the moment when cocked as soon as you let the safety catch off the gun fires or it is so light that the slightest knock will fire it.i have tried unscrewing the adjuster just behind the trigger and it does not seem to make much difference,in fact if the screw is removed it is still dangerous.is there a knack to adjusting these or is the trigger faulty,many thanks alan.
    rapid 7 mk2 .22/btas 30ftlbs fac./fx verminator 177
    rapid 17 mk1 regged(by ben taylor)in mk2 stock
    savage hmr and dm80 mod/ crickett .22

Seems, to me, the pull weight adjuster was too far out to begin with. The symptom you describe is typical.
    Remove screw to check spring is not buckled. Refit spring carefully to avoid fouling in casing. Screw adjuster in till spring resistance is felt.
    Keep checking operation with quarter turns on adjuster till satisfactory.
    With action out of stock trigger can be cocked, without latching piston, by pushing main sear with punch etc

thaks,i have just watched a strip and re assemble of a record trigger on you tube,there is no spring under my adjustment screw,would this cause the fault i have? and secondly where could i get a new spring from.thanks again.

Check your messages

and replied,thank you alan

Sounds like you have it sorted now. Excellent. If you haven't already done so, whilst the trigger unit is out of the gun, clean it out to remove any gunk that's built up over the years. The grease used at the factory can go hard and gum things up a fair bit.....Use a de-greaser / GT-85, or similar. Let it dry. Then lube with light oil (gun oil, 3-in1 etc.).
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Also quite perturbing that, at some point, someone's had a tinker, lost that spring and created a dangerous gun.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

I know, but I don't know the history of it apart from it belongs to a farmer in the village.

Quote Originally Posted by wall90 View Post
    I know, but I don't know the history of it apart from it belongs to a farmer in the village.

Are we all sorted with it now?

hopefully just waiting for a new spring to arrive curtsey of deejayuu.

Rekord trigger

Tuning The Weihrauch Rekord Trigger
    1.0 Adjusting the Trigger
    The Rekord trigger is a two-stage trigger and is fine piece of engineering that was years ahead of its time. The following adjustments are possible:
    • First stage travel
    • First and second stage pressure
    • Second stage movement (I also call this creep in this article)
    Each of these adjustments is covered in the following sections.
    1.1 First Stage Travel
    Adjustment of the first stage travel is achieved by removing the action from the stock and moving the down-stand on the front underside of the trigger unit, see figure 2. The arrow shows the down-stand. To reduce first stage travel, the down-stand must be bent towards the rear of the trigger unit. I have done this by giving it a smart tap via a hammer and drift tool. Remember that this will reduce the setting position and sear engagement, so don’t reduce it too much. It is essential to maintain sufficient sear engagement so that the gun is safe and can take the odd bump without firing itself, otherwise the rifle would be very dangerous. Moving the down-stand forward will increase sear engagement and first stage travel.

Figure 2
    1.2 First & Second Stage Trigger Pressure
    This section deliberately deals with the pressure required to pull the trigger through both first & second stages as they are linked to each other. In other words if you increase the first stage pressure, the second stage pressure will also increase. The reason for the for this is that only one spring is used (part 51c), and the difference between first and second stage pressure is achieved by the difference in effective leverage between the front and rear rollers crimped into the top of the trigger blade, relative to pivot pin of the tongue/guide (parts 52a/52).
    The adjustment is fairly straightforward; you don’t have to remove the action from the stock. All you have to do is turn the rear trigger adjustment screw (part 51a) clockwise to increase the trigger pressure, or anticlockwise to reduce it. If you reduce the trigger pressure too much, the trigger blade will not return if you release pressure on it during first stage travel. Also the second stage pressure can be too light making it unpredictable and dangerous.
    The feel of the trigger as it breaks and releases the rifle piston is related to both the second stage pressure and creep. It is important to ensure that the trigger feels safe for you, even when you have cold fingers.