My Friend Dave died on Monday. Anyone who has rung this week probably wondered why it hasn’t been me on the phone when they’ve called, or why I’m a little withdrawn otherwise.
Dave has been a shooting buddy for a few years now, he first contacted me with “I’m interested in tuning my air rifle, but I’m in France so don’t have to worry too much about power”

It turns out he only lived an hour away, and since then, if one of us was going to the range, we were both going to the range, it is rare that you meet someone that you click with so quickly and completely. We even carried on shooting until quite late last year, despite him being diagnosed with Oesophageal Cancer late September/early October.
The end result was frankly known from the outset, but he never gave up hope.
He had a terrible death, basically starving to death while in great pain that the morphine could not manage.
if he were a dog, his wife would be prosecuted for cruelty.

I’m sorry, that still annoys me.
I am slowly getting around to the point. Forgive my rambling.

Today we have been sorting out his gun room. There are quite a lot of rifles, several air guns, a few revolvers , a semi auto pistol, many thousands of rounds of ammo, and a frankly alarming amount of powder, primers, bullet heads and other reloading gear. On top of that we have loads of scopes, chronos, bipods, tripods and other shooting accoutrements

We had no idea what was here, how much it was worth! We found gun safes with no keys, combination safes and trigger locks with no clue as to the combinations. I have managed to get around just about everything with wile, cunning and an angle grinder, but (and here is the point of the thread)

Please let someone close to you know what you have, where it is, roughly what it’s worth and where any keys or combinations are.

I will be starting a sales thread at some point, but as I only want to sell to people I know this may have to wait for the bash sales thread to start.