Thread: PCP pistol charging?

PCP pistol charging?

Hi,

Forgive my ignorance, but I’m just trying to work out how charging works for pcp pistols as most are 200bar cylinders and many, including my own 5L charge cylinder are 300bar, do they have a regulator from bottle to pistol or do they only take 200bar? Sorry if it’s a stupid question! 😂

PCP pistol charging

Does your 5l cylinder have a surface valve and gauge on it and what make is your pistol?
    "This Is My Truth Tell Me Yours"

Usually you can’t fit a 200 bar fill adaptor in a 300 bar bottle as the thread on the adaptor is too short to make a seal to the bottle. In which case. People usually buy a £4.50 spacer washer from Best fitting. O ring side first in the fill bottle.

https://www.bestfittings.co.uk/shop/...g-solid-brass/

Once the washer is fitted in the bottle you can then fully tighten your fill adaptor. Hand tight is ok.

If the 300 bar bottle is full. It is easily possible to overfill your air pistol cylinder.

Fill very slowly looking at the pistol cylinder gauge. When you reach 200 bar. Stop. If time. Wait a few minutes for your pistol cylinder to cool. I usually then top up a little bit more.

When you screw the cylinder back on your pistol. You would usually loose a little air.