Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: This is going to be a long thread - bitza build - can you guess what it is yet ?

I have to say very impressive, and guaranteed to cause considerable confusion at the likes of Holts in 50 years time when it’s listed as the ‘mystery factory prototype’…

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post

Made some good progress today.. the CDT trigger blade arrived from Dr Bob, so I now have a two stage trigger with a predicatable let off. Kinda felt like cheating when I'd made everything else myself, but it works very well.
    I also made up the rear conical support for the barrel (and gave it a quick blast of matt black spray paint), and whilst it was out, I reamed the throat a bit deeper, to get rid of some notchiness loading some larger / harder pellet types.. it certainly seems to have helped.

Looking and sounding excellent, Jon.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    I think I'm done with the mechanics now. The reaming of the breach really helped, and it's now transformed my 4" groups with JSB into 1/2" groups - clearly the softer JSBs were getting torn up during loading. Barry 8s and QYS still have the edge though. With a predicatable 2 stage trigger, accuracy is pretty damn good now, and I've slightly choked the port off so I have a marginally tighter power curve that runs from 10.9, to 11.5 and back down again. Job done.

I think it'll just shoot it from this point in

All that's left to do now is get onto that stock....
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Job done. And VERY well done. And this potentially long thread (in terms of time) wasn't really that long. Superb result.

So, knowing you simply can't remain idle for too long, Jon..what's next?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!