Thread: FX DRS Accuracy

FX DRS Accuracy

Had my FX DRS a few weeks but had only loosely zero'd it in until today. The dovetail rail didn't allow my scope to be positioned forward enough for a comfortable eye relief position. A few days ago I finally picked up the official picatinny rail and my scope is now where it needs to be.

Just a light breeze outside so spent some time to get it zero'd in, I chose to go the full distance to the backstop which is just under 40 yards away. I would usually zero at 20-25 but this rig is to be shared family fun in the garden. I had planned to do some pellet testing but right off the bat I'm quite pleased with its accuracy of the QYS pellets I started with. The picture below shows a full mag's group, two hit the outside edge of the bull but otherwise a five pence group.

Sadly the wind started to pick up with longer waits between gusts so I ended the session there. Would be interesting to see its potential on a very calm day, we've probably shot between 150-200 pellets so I should think it's fully leaded in by now.

S&W M&P 1522 - Anschutz 1416 - Anschutz 1761 - Beretta Silver Pidgeon III - Yildiz SPE-ME 12G - ATA SP Black 12G - FWB800 - FX DRS - HW110K - HW100 - Steyr Pro-X - Steyr LG1 - Walther LGM-2

Nice group, Just got a DRS in 22, and I'm having the same issue with eye relief, ordered the picatinny rail so mine will have to wait to zero, if you don't mind me asking, what silencer have you got on yours? ..

Quote Originally Posted by cyclonesparky View Post
    Nice group, Just got a DRS in 22, and I'm having the same issue with eye relief, ordered the picatinny rail so mine will have to wait to zero, if you don't mind me asking, what silencer have you got on yours? ..
    Hello cyclonesparky, the mod is a Oulun Tyostokeskus SAK. Which pic rail did you go for high or low? I went for the low with 30MOA slant which has worked out really well.
    S&W M&P 1522 - Anschutz 1416 - Anschutz 1761 - Beretta Silver Pidgeon III - Yildiz SPE-ME 12G - ATA SP Black 12G - FWB800 - FX DRS - HW110K - HW100 - Steyr Pro-X - Steyr LG1 - Walther LGM-2

Quote Originally Posted by Deltawing View Post
    Hello cyclonesparky, the mod is a Oulun Tyostokeskus SAK. Which pic rail did you go for high or low? I went for the low with 30MOA slant which has worked out really well.
    Thanks for the reply Deltawing, i have Ordered the High with 30MOA didn't have the low one in stock, so ill give the high a go for now, just on the hunt for a silencer with the same OD of the tube/barrel for it, but to be fair its not overly loud without one, but do like the feel of this little rifle.

Thanks for the reply Deltawing, i have Ordered the High with 30MOA didn't have the low one in stock, so ill give the high a go for now, just on the hunt for a silencer with the same OD of the tube/barrel for it, but to be fair its not overly loud without one, but do like the feel of this little rifle.
    You'll have to let us know how you get on with the high rail, upload some pics if you can. Could always use lower rings if it becomes too high overall. I'm using Sportsmatch Extra high on mine.

I already had the SAK mod spare from my old Steyr Hunter, just a happy coincidence its the same diameter as the DRS's barrel. As you said it's not overly loud in the first place so doesn't really anything special.

Weathers not looking good this week, roll on summer!

You'll have to let us know how you get on with the high rail, upload some pics if you can. Could always use lower rings if it becomes too high overall. I'm using Sportsmatch Extra high on mine.

I already had the SAK mod spare from my old Steyr Hunter, just a happy coincidence its the same diameter as the DRS's barrel. As you said it's not overly loud in the first place so doesn't really anything special.

Weathers not looking good this week, roll on summer!
    Yeah soon as it rail lands ill take some snaps of it and let you know how they are, yeah bloody weathers doing my head in one good day then three four bad days, think ill take it down to the indoor range sometime next week get it all zeroed in hopefully..
    Last edited by cyclonesparky; 29-04-2024 at 03:23 PM.

I wish they did a bolt action, not keen on side levers myself
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Quote Originally Posted by MartynB View Post
    I wish they did a bolt action, not keen on side levers myself
    Airguns don't really have a bolt in the traditional sense. I have a couple of bolt action .22LR which have a very satisfying clunk clunk, those with larger calibres probably more so. Having a puny version of that on an airgun would just feel wired to me.

I guess it's all personal preference but from the design point of view they produce what best fits the overall mechanism, regulators etc.

Airguns don't really have a bolt in the traditional sense. I have a couple of bolt action .22LR which have a very satisfying clunk clunk, those with larger calibres probably more so. Having a puny version of that on an airgun would just feel wired to me.

I guess it's all personal preference but from the design point of view they produce what best fits the overall mechanism, regulators etc.
    Accuracy does look good, and yesy personal preference
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Just a update to the thread, Got the high pic rail for the DRS and was not working for me and with low scope mounts the scope Objective touched the pic rail so a no go ,medium scope mounts took the scope a little to high for my liking, so plan B and another £70 lighter low pic rail turned up today and with medium mounts all is sorted took some snaps but not a clue how to post them lol, surplus store as the low pic rails in stock if any one is looking for one..
    Last edited by cyclonesparky; 01-05-2024 at 11:39 PM.

Just a update to the thread, Got the high pic rail for the DRS and was not working for me and with low scope mounts the scope Objective touched the pic rail so a no go ,medium scope mounts took the scope a little to high for my liking, so plan B and another £70 lighter low pic rail turned up today and with medium mounts all is sorted took some snaps but not a clue how to post them lol, surplus store as the low pic rails in stock if any one is looking for one..
    Does look nice in walnut, only seen brief pics though

I do like the look of these and very useful information supplied on the thread, thanks.

I do like the look of these but can't justify another gun, for me the side lever is a preference over a bolt.

cyclonesparky there's a sticky on posting pics as well as countless threads if you search, only takes the effort to look.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    I do like the look of these but can't justify another gun, for me the side lever is a preference over a bolt.

cyclonesparky there's a sticky on posting pics as well as countless threads if you search, only takes the effort to look.
    Thanks ill take a look, Me and tech are like oil and water