Thread: Cheap scopes vs expensive

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I've just brought a compact 10 x Vector Optics fixed mag to try FT. I was going to buy something more than 4 times the cost. Can I see the target any better with the more expensive scope...... nothing worth mentioning. Now I can buy another three scopes and still have change.

I bought the bushnell elites 41650 a few years back, It's a lovely scope and the image was far better than the sidewinder I had , Bonus for me was not mil dots , However its back in the box, it’s a very big scope. If I ever did try bench shooting then I may use it in time to come, Got a few other big scopes but I've reverted back to smaller ones.

I think a good scope will improve a poor gun but good gun will never improve a poor scope.poor as in quality. My ratting scope is a Hawke Sports HD. Excelent clear Optics at 10yds onwards. Worth £25 & a £1000 scope will not better it for its use. My long distance scope is worth £600 & a clear sharp image at 100yds + yet it does not do any better than my hawke HD at 10yds. Simple answer is get the best for the job in hand, get vfm, don't overkill, don't buy absolute rubbish. If a cheap low quality scope works money is wasted trying to improve it BUT if you can't hit a barn door spend the pennies for better quality.
    Rabbit Stew, no artificial additives except lead.
    IF THE MUD REACHES YOUR KNEES GET OUT OF THE FIELD QUICK.
    WANTED. UNF MOD.