Thread: Making a Pistol Hard case

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Segata is online now Has not one but two workbenches in his shed

Making a Pistol Hard case

Admitedly this pondering comes after 2 Dragon Soups and a round of medication (yes I know not the best but can't be without the meds and I very very rarely drink) but would it be worth making my own Hard Case rather than buying one?

I've got the wood, could get foam and an appropiate fabric easy enough, I'd rather not make it singular pistol specific if I can help it as it seems a bit daft to have a pile of cases when I'm really only going to use 1 or 2 at a time and if its somethng pleasent to look at it can potentially act as a display too.
    At moment its just a thought of course, got plenty to get through already that I probably should finish first but for the sake of my mental health I do think I need to get out more and stay occupied.
    You'll Shoot your eye out Kid

With Flambeau and Umarex case prices being so modest, is it worth the effort?
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.

Didn't look at them before, probably worth getting one then, may still make a singular one though for something to do though.

A few years back I repurposed an old cheapy electric drill case I had knocking about.
    Pulled out the molded inserts & stuck in some 'egg box' foam.
    Has catches to clip it shut & the option to add padlocks to lock it if needed.

Just cost me a couple of quid for the foam

Jobs a goodun

Thats sort of what I was thinking, I've been salvaging wood so got a load of these straight batons from a kitchen trolley thing, just make a few into a box with a lid, find me a hinge and handle in the scrap pile and then all I'd need to buy was foam, maybe a liner fabric and a simple clasp if I dont have one kicking about

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by Norfolkandgood View Post
    A few years back I repurposed an old cheapy electric drill case I had knocking about.
    Pulled out the molded inserts & stuck in some 'egg box' foam.
    Has catches to clip it shut & the option to add padlocks to lock it if needed.

Just cost me a couple of quid for the foam

Jobs a goodun
    I do the same... I get them out of skips One time I found around half a dozen in a skip.. I picked one up and realised it actually had the drill in it ! Rung the doorbell to explain that I'd been after a case, and that the owner had thrown away his drill... "nah, that's fine mate, take whatever you want I don't need 'em !"

I was a little shocked, but proceeded to load up...
    ...I got a router, 9" angle grinder, two drills (one a massive SDS gearbox type), a jigsaw, and a load of masonary holesaws... and not one empty for a pistol case
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Deffo can't knock getting good tools though, did used to skip dive but can't anymore, deffo would be cool finding something like my IXO screwdriver case to do that with.