Thread: BSA Ultra Multishot Magazine repairs Help please

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

BSA Ultra Multishot Magazine repairs Help please

One of my Mags won't index properly - it zips past a couple of round sometimes..
    I suspect the seysaw ratchet part is worn...
    Does anyone do repairs on these please or do I have to shell out of a new one??

Thanks

Dave

Take it apart & have a look.

If it's the same as my Scorpion mag, the spring loaded pellet carrier is slotted breach side & part of the breach side back plate is a moulded in bar that stops on the loaded pellet,
    you can see how it all works, if you look in from the breach side & move the pellet carrier.

If it's missing the pellet, that bar is broken/worn away, You might be able to build it up again with epoxy, worth a go with the price of BSA mag's.

Unless a very early BSA, they don't use the see saw ratchet anymore.
    It's easier to remove the index mechanism on early BSA's and use the new magazines.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

Quote Originally Posted by dave milne View Post
    One of my Mags won't index properly - it zips past a couple of round sometimes..
    I suspect the seysaw ratchet part is worn...
    Does anyone do repairs on these please or do I have to shell out of a new one??

Thanks

Dave
    It sounds as if you are using the early BSA magazines which were not self indexing by using the pellet itself as a stop.
    I was told by Bowkett that if the early mags start skipping chambers and leaving pellets in the rotor that a fix in 99 cases out of 100 is to get a blob of the stickiest grease you can find and using the thumb squeeze it into the slot where the ratchet is on the underside of the mag. If this fails it is beyond repair as spares are not available but s/h old style mags often come up on the bay.