Thread: Any Freebies going /especially Webley pistol stuff?

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice

Any Freebies going /especially Webley pistol stuff?

I've still got stuff on the table "In quarantine" that needs a bit of a plinking with, but I'm wondering if there are any freebies or cheapies going?
    If anyone has a Webley pistol or frame that is damaged, or any bits, it might stimulate the juices. I am loathed to butcher anything but a rough/ broken frame you cannot really break more. Anything else/ just pm me and let me know. I tend to trust to "Random" and the airgun gods. IE. they might throw something towards me that I had not thought about.
    Thanks

PS--if anyone has a rough Relum artex pistol? -------I very briefly had one before sending it to Mr Gilkes many years ago. I don't actually want one-----I just want to see if they are as crap as I thought/ think.
    Last edited by ggggr; 31-05-2024 at 06:39 PM.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

good luck hope you get offered something

Freebis

Send me you address guy think i can rustle up something to perk you up. Reg john
    snarepeg.

A big "THANK YOU" to John for the package that arrived yesterday. A late Webley Junior with the Suncorite? finish and an adjustable rearsight.

I think I have managed to straighten the banana-ed barrel and have managed to get the gun firing by nicking bits off other guns, so it proves it will be a "Go-er"
    I've fitted a new breech seal and the piston washer looks and smells ok although the inner plastic is a bit rough. I also found a rear sight for it.

Feelers currently going out for a sear.

I'll splash out on a new cocking shoe ------and take it from there.

After spending nearly 6 hours since Thursday trying to get things sorted with my phone and broadband, something like this is needed/
    Last edited by ggggr; 11-06-2024 at 09:00 AM.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Glad you could make something out of it Guy, carry on tinkering.👍😊🇬🇧
    snarepeg.

Quote Originally Posted by duomatic410 View Post
    Glad you could make something out of it Guy, carry on tinkering.��������
    A bit more tinkering today John. I fitted a cocking shoe today. I'm still trying it with a borrowed mainspring and sear------and its got no grips on yet. BUT da da da da (fanfare) I put ten shots through it and it seems to be settling in quick and pretty accurate Hopefully get the required bits soon and get it together properly.

I even had a few shots with that old Senior you sent me a few years back today.

I'm still looking for a sear if someone has a decent one knocking about in a bits box.
    Thanks