Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Another pistol competition

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snooper601 View Post
    I only do it that way to make sure the maths is correct I run out of fingers and toes too early

Cheers

John
    Hi John

Wouldn't be so much of a problem if your scores were lower - next time as well as shooting outdoors, try closing your master eye - say every other shot

Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

envious again of Snooper and his outdoor shooting!
    Scores being updated on the site now,

Welcome aboard barnesr, everyone is welcome.
    PM me for money saving prices on aquarium fish foods.

Snooper601 is offline I likes to polish my trophy
    Quote Originally Posted by biggles View Post
    Hi John

Wouldn't be so much of a problem if your scores were lower - next time as well as shooting outdoors, try closing your master eye - say every other shot

I could always try to do it the day after a HFT comp to make me a bit more tired Oops, I did that in the Gamo comp and got 181

Cheers

John
    Snooper601 Suspect a simple fault, or a simple engineer He who dies with the most toys wins!
    QHAC Official lubricant development engineer.

I could always try to do it the day after a HFT comp to make me a bit more tired Oops, I did that in the Gamo comp and got 181

Cheers

John
    Hi John

Were you at the SH HFT @ Ford on Sunday? If yes, we missed an opportunity to shake hands and wish one another well in this 'remote' pistol comp.

Biggles
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

Snooper601 is offline I likes to polish my trophy
    Quote Originally Posted by biggles View Post
    Hi John

Were you at the SH HFT @ Ford on Sunday? If yes, we missed an opportunity to shake hands and wish one another well in this 'remote' pistol comp.

Biggles
    Hi Biggles,

Yes, I managed my 3rd Gold and a PB in the springer class with 54 even beating Harv for the first time ever.

See you at West London next time maybe?

Cheers

John
    Snooper601 Suspect a simple fault, or a simple engineer He who dies with the most toys wins!
    QHAC Official lubricant development engineer.

Hi Biggles,

Yes, I managed my 3rd Gold and a PB in the springer class with 54 even beating Harv for the first time ever.

See you at West London next time maybe?

Cheers

John
    Nice one John

Less likely to be at WLR (bit of a haul for me) ...... but if I do feel the need, I'll be tempted to keep you company and give my prosport an outing.

Cheer

Biggles

Hi just spotted this thread - what a great idea. I am new to airguns.
    Had my TX about four months, but recently bought a second hand Gamo pistol. It's a single stroke pneumatic, but only Gamo stamped on the side.
    Any chance of joining in with the comp, although looking at some of the scores dont know whether the Gamo/me are up to it, but wouldn't mind giving it a whirl.
    I am aware of the targets, but if someone could give a brief instruction of what to do. (rules)
    Many thanks

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by spike240 View Post
    Hi just spotted this thread - what a great idea. I am new to airguns.
    Had my TX about four months, but recently bought a second hand Gamo pistol. It's a single stroke pneumatic, but only Gamo stamped on the side.
    Any chance of joining in with the comp, although looking at some of the scores dont know whether the Gamo/me are up to it, but wouldn't mind giving it a whirl.
    I am aware of the targets, but if someone could give a brief instruction of what to do. (rules)
    Many thanks

Brian
    Hi Brian,

Pollythedog is running this, but as no one has noticed your post yet, I'll say hi and try to answer your questions. I'm sure it'll be fine for you to enter the competition (you have the right style of pistol), but polly will confirm.

So rules.... nothing too strict:

Pistol must be .177 and require effort to cock (i.e. not pcp / CO2)

2 choices of distance - 10 metres or 6 yards (note the metres / yards thing) - make sure you pick the correct target!

Distance is measured from face of target to a line which your feet must remain behind (i.e. your pistol will actually be over the line, but it's the feet that matter).

4 targets (5 shots per target = 20 shots total) to be submitted each month by 25th.

Maximum 20 warm up shots immediately before shooting your competition cards.

All 20 competition shots must be completed in the same session.

Targets are upward scoring (i.e. if your pellet hole touches or crosses the ring it scores it).

As ever, honesty is a virtue!

All I can think of for now (anyone else, please correct me!).

Have fun!

cheers
    Matt

Thanks Matt, busy day yesterday for me, thanks for covering the stand.

Spike, welcome, feel free to join in, all welcome here.
    rules as per Mattw's post.

Cheers
    g

And on a personal note I shot a personal best with my FWB80 yesterday so I am going to brag! 10 shots in one card and a score of 93, I am well chuffed....struggled to hit another score over 80 immediately afterwards but hey ho! Should point out it was nothing to do with this competition other than the practice it afforded me.

Thanks for the welcome - better get practising.

Regards

Brian

Welcome Brian

Just to add a bit (only a little bit, but I reckon it's important) to MattW's post, I copied this from Post #22 from John (pennineway) - way back at start of the thread

" The disciplines are shot unsupported (by that I mean no part of the body can touch a table or bench etc)

It also goes without saying that it must be shot one-handed

The disciplines are shot using .177 only (.22 are not used at these 2 distances)
    "

and, of course it's STANDING.

Added this last bit just in case you thought that prone (even with your toes behind the line) was OK. If you were not aware of this, and if you happened to be 7' tall and with long arms, you'd have something approaching a 2 1/2 metre advantage

Good points Biggles!

Feb Scores

Hi Folks,
    Here are my Feb scores
    card 1/ 33
    card 2/ 34
    card 3/ 26
    card 4/ 36
    getting better
    cheers
    Mark..

cheers Mark
    scores on the site updated

Graeme

n.b. looking at the scores so far it would seem the majority are improving from month to month, the practise is showing.
    Last edited by pollythedog; 10-02-2008 at 09:29 PM.

I'd like a bash at this please if I can? I have a Baikal IZH46M and an HW40 which I can use

Thanks
    Nige