Thread: Value of sterling hr81 boxed never used please

The last one I came across was new and boxed, the owner was asking £350. Don't know if it got sold, but hung around for a long time. Probably been better if it had been a real Sterling, and not the Benjy version.

Sterlings have a place in any collection; even the American made one. All are best left mint as the user rifle wasn't much cop.
    There seems to be a few American ones hoarded away, and mostly mint.

£300 is my guess though £250 might be closer to the market value. Nice to have in the collection but plenty about even though no more will ever be made. At least three if not four versions to be had in total with both beech and walnut to be had. A bit of British airgun history, and not the greatest effort either. Get them while you still can.

I like my HR81 TBH. But it needed a bit of work. Made a top hat and spring guide. Made and replaced the TP seal. Fitted a new Titan spring and fitted a piston sleeve. Also needed to change the trigger group springs.
    It's a bit of a lump but it does shoot well now

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    l sold one at the first BBS airgun fair in Birmingham in 2011 boxed that had only been test fired for £200. so they should have gone up in price, hope this helps.

Thank you for the replies.